Dolby Digital not working in XBMC
My issue is when I play a dolby digital movie I have video but no audio, if I play a DTS movie it works perfect. If I switch to my cable box dolby works fine, same with my xbox 360, the issue seems to only be in XBMC.

My receiver is a HK av-254, I have looked into the settings on the receiver but everything seems to be correct. I have downloaded a dolby digital test file and my computer has no issue playing it. Everything seems to be pointing to XBMC but I have no idea what I can change if anything. All the settings I know of are in the SS below.

The only way I can get audio with a dolby digital file is un-check Dolby Digital capable receiver, then my receiver plays it as Logic 7 which is only 2 channels and sounds bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you verify in Windows that 5.1 works with your computer/receiver?
You need to check the reported supported formats as well.

Debug log please.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I had a similar issue with my sound card. I switched my 1/8" sub-mini stereo cable to optical and set it to 5.1 in the Windows sound menu and now it works fine.
Are you using an 1/8" sub-mini stereo connector to RCA or are you using a dedicated 6 plug system?
I'm using HDMI

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Digital not working in XBMC0