[Trial Balloon] A new way for recent episodes
In Action Video - Youtube

I'd been itching forever for a way to mimic this view:

I thought I'd have to learn Python, might still have to, but I've come pretty close:

Some Notes:

Only "Landscape" and "16x9" are using this
Turn off Global Time - just have some overlap if on
Dont have anything playing - Music or a Video
I'd recommend not using 'extrafanart' to give me better feedback
Landscape - will show the first 4 recent matches
16x9 - will show the first 10 recent matches

Mostly just messing around looking for feedback, I havent noticed any slowdown so far, seems to behave pretty well.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I don't use the recently added content option, never have.
Any chance of a option to turn this off ? Really spoils the best view in the skin "landscape" in my view.

Also the watched flag "X" in landscape view is overlapping the studio flag.
Sweeeeet, nicely done. Hope it the guy who made the repo updates it with the new build.
need some help with the python side ?

keep me in touch Wink
what is the skin on the youtube link?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich Wrote:what is the skin on the youtube link?

night... Rolleyes
Works perfect here so far.
Is there any reason why Landscape only have 4 matches?

My favorite view is fanart, think this could make it in?

Don't know if it's possible but I would actually love to see the next unwatched items instead of recent.
Completely off-topic but looking at your pics: is covert affair a "good enough" summer fill-in for Chuck?
Steveb Wrote:I don't use the recently added content option, never have.
Any chance of a option to turn this off ? Really spoils the best view in the skin "landscape" in my view.

Also the watched flag "X" in landscape view is overlapping the studio flag.

I also never use recently added content option because I must rather have it work like this example. Seems more practical to scroll through your Library and get a popup saying "Hey, this show has a new episode"...

But yea if it stays it'll be optional, but no need for me to do all that extra stuff for a "trial balloon"....

psike Wrote:Works perfect here so far.
Is there any reason why Landscape only have 4 matches?

My favorite view is fanart, think this could make it in?

Don't know if it's possible but I would actually love to see the next unwatched items instead of recent.

1. 4 items cuz of Poster view, if I decide to keep it and turn it into a setting I can hide the info if using this option so then I can bump it up to 8 or 10...

2. I like fanart being being pretty naked but the code for this is actually pretty easy to swap back and forth. I'll see how it looks.

JackieBrown Wrote:Completely off-topic but looking at your pics: is covert affair a "good enough" summer fill-in for Chuck?

Well I'd watch Piper Perabo read the phonebook so I don't know if that clouds my judgment but so far it's very solid...

Quote:But yea if it stays it'll be optional, but no need for me to do all that extra stuff for a "trial balloon"....
Agreed Wink good to know, not a big fan of info clutter, that's what's great about this skin, clean, simple with a elegant design.
That said, it does look good in the 16x9 view.
Sorry to bump this thread, but how do I turn on recent episodes in landscape mode? I have landscape set to posters if that makes any difference, but recent episodes don't pop up like in the picture above. Has it been removed? Using the latest version from the add-on section in Dharma Beta 2.
Looks great. I'll have to give this a try later. I also vote for adding it to the fanart view as an option at least.
mobious Wrote:Sorry to bump this thread, but how do I turn on recent episodes in landscape mode? I have landscape set to posters if that makes any difference, but recent episodes don't pop up like in the picture above. Has it been removed? Using the latest version from the add-on section in Dharma Beta 2.

I'm going to re-investigate it, I was getting some hiccups after returning from playing a video. But once I removed it, even in other skins, I was still getting that behavior. Beta 2 has smoothed over alot of things, so I'm going to give it another try...I did really like it and perfer recently added to work like I had it, so I'd like it to be in...

*crosses fingers* I hope this ends up making it into the skin it looks killer.

-=Jason=-
Sweet, glad I bumped this thread Big Grin Also after playing a video sometimes XBMC does slow down for some reason with me, a simple fix for me is to switch to terminal and then switch back to XBMC, everything then becomes smooth again. For me this happens on both Dharma Beta 1 and Beta 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Trial Balloon] A new way for recent episodes0