HomeScreen Mod
paul Wrote:that's a shame as i rely on the clock alot. I will have to tinker with the code to see if i can make it visible, if not i will just have to stick with the original menu layoutNo

well as i said i could enable it for whenever recently added isn't showing or maybe move it to the centre of the screen, i'll have a quick play around and see what it looks like.

Edit: here's a quick alteration to enable to clock with the menu at the bottom of the screen - i'm not 100% happy with it but i've got to go out so i'll have another look at it later http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5YVJFGX0
Hi! where in your homemenu2.xml can i find the posy property for the menu labels. I'd like to lower the labels from the menu so they fit perfectly into the menuselect image.
thnx
jackthegroove Wrote:Hi! where in your homemenu2.xml can i find the posy property for the menu labels. I'd like to lower the labels from the menu so they fit perfectly into the menuselect image.
thnx

i'll fix that now for you pal, been meaning to do it.

Edit: here you go http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18JAZQJA
tungmeister Wrote:i'll fix that now for you pal, been meaning to do it.

Edit: here you go http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18JAZQJA

Thanks! I've been fiddling around with your mod to make it look like my mockup Wink I'll find out how you adjusted it Wink been looking at your code this entire night and I couldn't figure it out :p
the first skinning steps are the hardest I guess Wink

ps: if you could tell me what it is you adjusted it could save me some time Smile
removed the posy value from the image control under focusedlayout within the homeMenusLayout2 and homeSubMenusLayout include - look around line 950. have you got a good text editor for working in?
tungmeister Wrote:removed the posy value from the image control under focusedlayout within the homeMenusLayout2 and homeSubMenusLayout include - look around line 950. have you got a good text editor for working in?

I use dreamweaver, still have it from the days when i was making websites Smile

Is there a way to instantly see the changes you make without having to reload the skin? (for code that is called for in the home.xml file you don't have to reload the skin but for code in the homemenu2.xml you do need to reload the skin in the settings - i hope my point is coming across here Wink)
if you put <F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5> in your keymap you can just reload the skin by pressing F5
tungmeister Wrote:if you put <F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5> in your keymap you can just reload the skin by pressing F5

hehe thanks alot Big Grin my menu is done... now the hard part getting the recentlyadded to look like my mockup :p
tungmeister Wrote:well as i said i could enable it for whenever recently added isn't showing or maybe move it to the centre of the screen, i'll have a quick play around and see what it looks like.

Edit: here's a quick alteration to enable to clock with the menu at the bottom of the screen - i'm not 100% happy with it but i've got to go out so i'll have another look at it later http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5YVJFGX0
That works fine not perfect but it's good enough for my needs thanks...
could you shed some light as to why the accessories button does not work......
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
i'll fix the accessories button tomorrow, again it's due to me not having used it myself and forgotten about it, i'll also improve the clock and any other bugs i can find (i'll actually test it with all the options in skin settings lol)
tungmeister Wrote:i'll fix the accessories button tomorrow, again it's due to me not having used it myself and forgotten about it, i'll also improve the clock and any other bugs i can find (i'll actually test it with all the options in skin settings lol)
No rush mate also the length of the word accesories is a bit long for the highlite, would it be a big job to change that to say extras? just a thoughtWink
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I'm really liking this mod and it made me go back to reFocus but there is a problem with movies and television shows displaying the title twice
khenglim89 Wrote:I'm really liking this mod and it made me go back to reFocus but there is a problem with movies and television shows displaying the title twice

the mod won't work with the current version of reFocus and is quite buggy, I was going to further develop it but Jeroen is planning on a horizontal menu so for now I'm leaving it. I may come back to it at some point though if I get some free time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HomeScreen Mod0