r32248 (trunk) - playback of m4a audio broken?
hi all,

since one or two days my xbmc system is not able to playback *.m4a lossless audio tracks anymore. *flac, *.mp3 and *.aif do work fine. so do local radio streams or shoutcast streams.

anyone else struggling with this?

the log below shows actions of xbmc while trying to playback a *.m4a lossless audio track. it seems to be ffmpeg related (xbmc built with external ffmpeg-0.6):

log: http://pastebin.com/0tXu16hT

regards,
einhänder
i have no idea where you got that build from, but the ffmpeg libraries is borken. in particular they are not properly linked against faad.
i build it by myself from trunk. would you recommend to move over to the dharma branch?
I recommend you stop using external ffmpeg.... christ I want to remove that option
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yeah sure why not. i don't have any problem with that. afaik vlc has been bundling all libs either, what saved a lot of headaches in the past.
however, i played a bit around.

r32248 (trunk):
- libs internal and libs external gave me the result described above.

r32248 (dharma):
- libs internal and libs external gave me the result described above.

external ffmpeg:
- rebuilt faad and ffmpeg against it. afterwards compiled xbmc against ffmpeg. same result as described above.

atm i'm going back to r32195 (trunk) to see whether or not this would work again.
if i remember correctly there was an update for sdl-sound and another sdl package. could this be responsible for my situation?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
r32248 (trunk) - playback of m4a audio broken?0