realloc 1597009928 bytes failed, crash imminent repeated millions of times?
I'm having delays of up to five minutes from when I select a file and it begins playing.

My system is an ASRock ION 330HT-BD running Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS, 2.6.32-24-generic i686 and build SVN:32198 (though this started about a month ago).

During the delay between when I select a video to play and it begins playing, CPU is pegged and eventually the log contains the following messages:

21:16:32 T:2755947376 M: 80220160 SEVERE: realloc 1597009928 bytes failed, crash imminent
21:16:32 T:3035364208 M: 79990784 SEVERE: Previous line repeats 1203810 times.

Yeah, that's 1.2 *million* times.

Anyone got advice? Cheers.../Taras
Hi

I have the same probleme for few days. I didn't touched anything on my system, but now i can't play any movie in library mode.

If I acess them from Video menu it starts, but from library it still loads for ever.

Debug log here: http://xmltv.free.fr/xbmccrash.log

This is pvr-testing branche, but it was working ok for month now before this appens.
Ok i've figured the problem.

There was a corrupted video file in my library and it messed up the whole lib.

After removed it, everything started to run flawlessly.

Really strange that a simple file can lockup the whole library.
How did you figure out it was a corrupted movie file? Or more to the point, how were you able to find the corrupted file? Please bear in mind I have thousands of files in my library!!

If there's some method of detecting this programatically that would be useful!

Otherwise, I guess it's down to testing each file by hand.../Taras
Quote:Otherwise, I guess it's down to testing each file by hand.../Taras

That's what i did ^^.. Starting from most recent. The culprit was my 4th latest added movie ( how lucky i was )

Quote:If there's some method of detecting this programatically that would be useful!

You can try making a script for checking each of your files with mediainfo. I think it would detect those errors, but i don't know what you should grep in the output. As i removed the faulty file, i can't figure it for you.
If you find it, might pay to keep it and make it available for someone to look at.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
HotLobster, you're a star...scanning my library I found a Ukrainian movie I'd ripped from my DVD and given a file name with cyrillic characters as a test to see how XBMC would handle it and of course forgot all about it. Needless to say, XBMC didn't handle it very well.

As soon as I found this directory/file, I renamed them to a latin letter transliteration, deleted the old entry in the library and restarted XBMC...and no more delays!

Thank you soooo much!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
realloc 1597009928 bytes failed, crash imminent repeated millions of times?0