more touch gestures (flicks) in the user interface
Hi,

when you use a touchscreen in windows 7 you have the feature of flicks as shortcuts. For instance you can flick left and right and then go back and forward in a webbrowser, and you can have down to the left as copy and down to the right as paste.

It would be nice to be able to map these gestures in xbmc so you can flick left to simulate going back, flick up and left to go to home... and so on.

I've seen that you've implemented the inertial scrolling in listcontrols, so maybe it's possible to do this to?

/regards
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
I tried this when I had the touchscreen box, but to be honest it meant that the scrolling turned sucky as XBMC has a bunch of left/right scrolling. It works OK in a browser as you only have left/right flicks and up/down scrolling.

Confluence has home or close buttons everywhere to combat this.

Others are free to have a play if they want. I no longer have a touchscreen so won't be able to do any work on it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This also might be good for the apple multi-touch trackpad thing that was just released.
jm, could you point me to where in the code that would be? and do you have any code left?

Did you use windows own feature of detecting the flicks or did you create your own?
I find it rather easy to perform scroll opposed to flicks.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
For people using *nix I'd recommend trying out Easystroke for this sort of thing, I've recently set it up on my two touchscreen devices and use it within xbmc (for example if I 'draw' an S while in full screen video it stops, flick up, flick down to scroll in lists, draw < or > to change volume.. it works wonders with no remote, keyboard attached Smile
@watzen: the code to define what gestures we want is in WinEventsWin32.cpp or whatever it is. Basically you set what type of gestures you want to be able to receive there (a start of gesture sends a message, and you then call a win32 API function to tell it which ones you want). Just enabling support for flicks there might be all you need to do initially to see if it interferes with scrolling.

After that you'll need to send the gesture out using an action message, and handle that message wherever appropriate.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
more touch gestures (flicks) in the user interface0