Um, so how does this work now (skins)
So I downloaded the latest build from macupdate.

Read up on hitchers alaska and have got as far in addons that it says the skin is enabled.

How exactly do I use the skin now, because in the appearance tab only confulence is available?
garyi Wrote:So I downloaded the latest build from macupdate.

Read up on hitchers alaska and have got as far in addons that it says the skin is enabled.

How exactly do I use the skin now, because in the appearance tab only confulence is available?

Funny, "latest" is not a version number. Please include the exact version your are trying to use. Thx.
Nope. please ignore me, in the new version the skin selector in the appearence tab no longer has a number by it so Alasak was actually there just not there.

By latest how many do you post to macupdate? Because its that one, the one thats on there right now.
garyi Wrote:Nope. please ignore me, in the new version the skin selector in the appearence tab no longer has a number by it so Alasak was actually there just not there.

By latest how many do you post to macupdate? Because its that one, the one thats on there right now.

We don't post any. I just checked, macupdate seems to be pulling from our nighties now. The download URL is xbmc-r32246-Dharma-x86.dmg and is one back from last night's build which can be found here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/
Its also using an alarming amount of resources, currently 58% when just in the confluence skin and doing nothing. My macbook is going mental.

Tried doing a pastebin but pastebin is just spinning and spinning so gave up.
Oh, goody I got a pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/qy9C8kFx

Thanks for the heads up on macupdate. Thats the first time I have seen XBMC in the list for a long time so I assumed it was 'officially' posted.
PID COMMAND %CPU TIME #TH #PRTS #MREGS RPRVT RSHRD RSIZE VSIZE
30633 XBMC 23.9% 0:05.52 15 165 567 22M 40M 44M+ 480M

That's sitting idle on main screen under confluence.
Well according to Activity monitor its 53-58% and the macbook fans ramped up because it was getting very hot.

So well, there you go.
garyi Wrote:Well according to Activity monitor its 53-58% and the macbook fans ramped up because it was getting very hot.

So well, there you go.

Strange. Similar figures for me as davilla:

Code:
PID COMMAND      %CPU   TIME   #TH #PRTS #MREGS RPRVT  RSHRD  RSIZE  VSIZE
  927 XBMC        27.8%  0:21.73   9   154    642   30M    38M    55M   486M

Using r32246. At idle on main screen on 2.4GHz MBP, OSX 10.5.8, 2GB RAM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Um, so how does this work now (skins)0