XBMC stopped reading user/app support/xbmc folder
I just moved from an old mac mini to a new mac mini, and the new one i migrated from the old one. created the same user name exactly as the old one, and my user/llibrary/app support folder was fully transported to the new one, including the xbmc folder within that. i was previously on an old xbmc version, somewhere from about 4-6 months ago. since i dont have a copy of that i jusst downloaded the newest svn version as of yesterday (plus to take advantage of the new 320m. my old one had the intel). once installed i started xbmc nd it is on its default skin. i go into the system folder and into skins, and none of my skins are available there. it does look like the skin selection menu has changed though. i used the one where you used arrow keys to select skin that you put int the user/..../skin folder.

did something change in the newer version on how to select skins? i cant figure it out, other than get more, where i only have an option of 3 skins. i would like to use my skins alreayd present as i made customizations to those.

or is this something wrong with the newest svn? how do i make it read that folder? including the skins and all my settings.
so upon doing some more looking around ive realized it does read the xbmc folder, just not the skins. narrow it down to this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...kin+folder

now the problem is ive moved my skins theres, and they all have a skin.xml file in their respective directories. im not sure what the "matching id for consistency" means for renaming so i just left the names as they were. still wont read them in settings. what now?
This might help Changes for skin compatibility post XBMC 10.5. Although quite a lot has changed, so you're probably going to have to obtain an updated copy of your favourite skin to make it work properly (or mod it yourself if you've done it before). Or just use Confluence.
thank you. it seems alot has changed. i dont really know much about skinning, other than the fact that pressing forward rewing pause play shows the seekbar in most skins and ive managed to remove that from the skins i used. the changes listed are too much for me to do. now until i figure out the skins to get again and make my minor changes, whats the last version of xbmc svn that used the old skin behaviour? where can i download it, so atleast i can be up and running till i figure this all out.
I've no idea what the latest version that used the old skin behaviour was - maybe one of the devs can help out here? But I'm running a *really* old version that is 9.04 r22396 and is definitely compatible with the old behaviour. Your welcome to that if you want it. The popular download sites, such as the nightlies or the Unofficial XBMC builds don't seem to go back that far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC stopped reading user/app support/xbmc folder0