• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Cirrus
UPDATE: Cirrus 1.1.5

Download LATEST VERSION (Cirrus_1-1-5.rar): http://www.mediafire.com/?dd11kji2f6iy1sh

Download OLDER VERSION (Cirrus_1-1-2.rar): http://www.mediafire.com/?gvke2cd65ewddc5

I've done quite a bit of work on this since the last version, mainly a lot of polishing such as even spacing on all the media flags. Also have changed a few views a bit so that they are all different but retain a similar 'feel' throughout the skin. Hopefully people like it as much as I do!

I've changed the pics below to reflect the updated views...

Also, can anyone advise me about how to get this skin its own forum under "Skin Help and Support"? I think its time...

Changelog: 19-10-2010
  • changed the look of fanart view so it fits in better with the rest of the skin (I must say I quite like it without the info displayed)
  • Changed the look of rightlist view a bit, movies and episodes now display plot (I'm happy with these changes - views are starting to get a similar "feel" while still staying different).
  • Changed rightlist from a fixedlist to a plain list
  • Changed the look of Wall view a bit to fit in better with rest of skin
  • Removed zoom animation from HalfWall and added a simple white border for selected
  • Changed recently added yet again, now looks a lot better I think
  • Changed position and size of now playing on home page so it doesn't overlay the recently added
  • Moved the media scanning dialog yet again,also gave it a bit of a border so it stands out better
  • Removed blank space from around media flag images to allow for better spacing
  • Added much more consistent spacing to media flags
  • Added diffuse to media flags on DialogFullscreenInfo (info that comes up during movie playback when you press i)
  • Made the list for media flags on dialogfullscreeninfo auto size for better spacing
  • Repositioned a couple of labels slightly. You probably won't even notice
  • Localized a bunch more labels that were hardcoded in english (Thankyou .:B:. and GMib)
  • TVLogo had a couple of hardcoded season paths so I localised that too
  • improved the mp3, aac, and h.264 media flags
  • reduced the size of the poster on DialogFullScreenInfo
  • reduced fadetime when moving between pictures in pictures view
  • fixed video info cast only showing first two actors
  • added fanart view to TV Shows, Seasons, and Episodes (whew, that was hard work!)
  • Split ViewsVideoLibrary.xml into separate xmls for eack view
  • Updated studio flags from ccMatrix github

Changelog: 24-09-2010
  • Fixed problem where home menu background for movies and tv shows couldn't be set unless they were set to off in the home menu settings
  • Changed appearance and location of recently added movies and tv shows on home screen
  • TV Shows recently added apepars below movies when 'videos' is selected
  • Changed location of 'media scanning' dialog (covers up top left corner but can't think of anywhere else it could go)
  • Fixed missing background for DialogAddonSettings (eg. screensaver settings)
  • Fixed recently added script error (note - this will now only work for dharma builds)
  • Added <import addon="script.recentlyadded" version="1.0.4"/> to requires section of addon.xml
  • Changed location of DialogSlider to the top (so the subtitles offset doesn't cover the subs, needs testing)
  • Fixed position of window title for music files
  • Changed a bunch of labels so english no longer hardcoded (note: there is still some, all of which are in custom skin settings)

Changelog: 22-09-2010
  • Added dvd/bluray/hddvd cases option for rightlist (turn on in left menu in view)
  • Added option for "clear" cases when case option is turned on (must admit the clear cases look pretty cool...)
  • Fixed tvlogo fallback image appearing over logo when shows are not in a season folder
  • Fanart View - when info is visible the picture now scrolls through extrathumbs folder (and displays normal fanart if there is no extrathumbs)
  • Added lyrics button to Music OSD (enable in skin settings-addons)
  • Added subtitles button to video OSD (enable in skin settings-addons)
  • Changed appearance and location of "loading media" dialog
  • Fixed - Artist/Album label to wide and overlapped with codec info in musicVis
  • Moved now playing info to bottom right so it doesn't overlap with section titles
  • Moved music library sub-headings so they're the same as other sections
  • Changed TV and Movies home menu so that they show UNLESS the "No TVShows/Movies" button is selected in skin settings (ie they are no longer hidden by default)
  • Added ClearArt toggle to skin settings - enables clearart on both video seekbar and videoinfo (TV Shows only)

Changelog: 21-08-2010
  • Added ability to select custom background for custom home menu items
  • Reduced transparency of recently added boxes.

Changelog: 13-08-2010
  • Fixed up missing characters in font - languages such as swedish and french should appear properly now
  • Added custom home menus - needs testing however, but I *think* it works
  • Added Addons item to settings menu (links to addon browser) ** POST-9.11 ONLY
  • Fixed RecentlyAdded - should work for both old and new xbmc versions now
  • Added Rightlist view to addon browser (needs work)
  • Improved the look of the recently added boxes on the home screen
  • Fixed an alignment issue on half-wall view
  • Getting ready for Dharma:
  • Added AddonBrowser.xml
  • Added DialogAddonInfo.xml
  • Added DialogAddonSettings.xml
  • Added DialogTextViewer.xml
  • Removed DialogPluginSettings.xml
  • Removed DialogScriptInfo.xml
  • Removed MusicOSDVisSettings.xml
  • Removed DefaultScript.png

Changelog: 10-08-2010
  • Changed font to an open source free one (still looks pretty similar - probably actually more readable)
  • Added "Clean Home Screen" skin option which removes XBMC logo and bottom buttons (buttons also then become available in the system sub-menu)
  • Added RightList "Slim" option (to left slideout menu) - removes ratings stars to fit more on the screen
  • Added UK mpaa ratings
  • Added conditional "mins" to runtime tags (appears if the video database doesn't have 'mins' in the duration field)
  • Slowed down cdart spin speed
  • Added conditional to tv logo fallback for when a tv show only has one season (ie no season folders)
  • Added clearart to tv shows seekbar (Note: needs newer version of XBMC than 9.11)
  • Added 'get fanart' 'get thumb' etc buttons back onto the videoinfo screen
  • Made the above mentioned buttons look heaps better
  • Wall view now scrolls vertically
  • Made thumbnails a little bit smaller in rightlist episodes view
  • Changed albumInfo screen so it looks like the rest of the skin
  • Lots of little cosmetic changes, new buttons etc.

TODO
  • Another view for seasons level tv shows
  • Remove / improve half-wall view - not to sure about that one (thoughts anyone?)
  • Fallback images for when thumbs/posters etc are unavailable

NOTES
  • New XBMC build needed for cdart and clearart
  • CDArt: cdart.png must be in your musicpath\artist\album\ folder eg: d:\music\albums\band\album\cdart.png
  • TV Show Logos: logo.png must be in tv show root folder eg: d:\video\tvshows\tvshowname\logo.png
  • ClearArt: clearart.png must be in tv show root folder eg. d:\video\tvshows\alias\clearart.png

HOME SCREEN with RECENTLY ADDED:

RIGHTLIST and RIGHTLIST with SLIMLIST and CASE enabled:

FANART VIEW and FANART VIEW with INFO enabled:

HALFWALL and WALL VIEWS:

FANART VIEW EPISODES:

TV BANNERWALL and RIGHTLIST:

Please let me know what you think, what you want, and what you want fixed...

Cheers,

Crookas
Is this Dharma (SVN) or Pre-Dharma (9.11)?
It has an addon.xml so it can go in your addon folder but isn't Dharma ready.

Couple of points -

1. Needs 'mins' or 'minutes' added to the runtimes to clarify that's what they actually are.
2. Wall view really needs to scroll vertically otherwise you're only seeing 2 more items each time.
3. No 'Get thumb', 'Get fanart', 'Play trailer' buttons in the info screen.
Very nice!

I will try it now.
Excuse me for my poor english (I'm a french speaking swiss man), but I think you'll understand what I mean.

In addition to the points that Hitcher has said:

- can you please add cleararts when we press pause in tv shows?

- In the movie view, the fanart movie with or without infos is fine, but maybe you can make a combination of the two, so we can scroll through the movies (we see only the thumbs and the fanarts without the infos) and when we stay on a movie, the infos comes after a few seconds... (and it would be even better when we can setup the time of appearance of the infos, maybe between 2, 3, 4, 5 or more seconds).

I think that can be some good improvements for your skin. What do you think?
joebrady Wrote:Is this Dharma (SVN) or Pre-Dharma (9.11)?

I built it using 9.11 and am in the process of getting it ready for Dharma, hence the addon.xml

Hitcher Wrote:It has an addon.xml so it can go in your addon folder but isn't Dharma ready.

Couple of points -

1. Needs 'mins' or 'minutes' added to the runtimes to clarify that's what they actually are.
2. Wall view really needs to scroll vertically otherwise you're only seeing 2 more items each time.
3. No 'Get thumb', 'Get fanart', 'Play trailer' buttons in the info screen.

Cheers Hitcher, I'm onto it

oliver_27 Wrote:Excuse me for my poor english (I'm a french speaking swiss man), but I think you'll understand what I mean.

In addition to the points that Hitcher has said:

- can you please add cleararts when we press pause in tv shows?

- In the movie view, the fanart movie with or without infos is fine, but maybe you can make a combination of the two, so we can scroll through the movies (we see only the thumbs and the fanarts without the infos) and when we stay on a movie, the infos comes after a few seconds... (and it would be even better when we can setup the time of appearance of the infos, maybe between 2, 3, 4, 5 or more seconds).

I think that can be some good improvements for your skin. What do you think?

I'll add clearart for you, as for the info coming up after a delay in the fanart view - not sure - you get a little bit of info in the top right corner - isn't that enough?
Quote:I'll add clearart for you, as for the info coming up after a delay in the fanart view - not sure - you get a little bit of info in the top right corner - isn't that enough?

Thank you for the clearart!

Yeah, info in the top right corner is ok, but for making something different than the view with infos enabled, you can also make like an automated press on the "i" after a few seconds...

I let you see, it's your skin and you'll certainly find the best option.

But, for now, this skin is already very nice.
Nice work Smile Hope to see an active development of the skin in the future.
Thanks Crookas, great looking skin. Is there an eta on a dharma svn version ? Big Grin

M.
Nice...look forward to trying it in the near future.
Maybe add this to the xbmc official svn?
totally agree. should be included into svn ;-)
works well on xbmc-dharma
one minor thing:
in skin.cirrus/language/German/strings.xml in line 84
change
Quote:Aktuelles Temp
in
Quote:Aktuelle Temperatur
hello

my compliments on a real nice skin

one question , could you make the music wallview work in filesmode ?

Paul
please add it to svn.
it´s easyer for us and also for you to post bugreports or commit some minor changes for example in laguage files.

one more thing:
i cannot navigate to lyrics-plugin.
If you get added to the SVN, please let me know what font you changed to.
To learn more, click here.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cirrus6