• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Cirrus
Hi! I love this skin! So simple and clean.

I took the freedom to modify it a bit. I thought the home screen could be done even cleaner.
I got rid of the xbmc logo and the shutdown buttons(as I have these functions on my remote), skipped the shadows (dupicating gradiants underneath instead), removed the zoom animations, and more. Also I noticed that the font on the submenus was not the same, so that is fixed in this mod too.

The result:

Submenus:

Just wanted to share if someone else likes it. Replace the content of Home.xml with the code from here:
http://snipt.org/Wokm
Wow...that looks really clean I like it!
Thanks for the simple, clean and beautiful skin. What about trailers? Is there trigger in library. It will be very nice if in Fanart view in movies (library) to watch trailer in the fanart windows (small fanart). I think that people avoid to watch trailers fullscreen because of the low quality of the files (mostly 480 if you are lucky). thats why I'm suggesting smaller fanart window for trailers, if triggered.
ejhill Wrote:... I just wish there were a few more view modes for "seasons", after you select a tv show that has multiple seasons.

I agree, i'm trying to come up with something for seasons that suits the feel of the skin - if you have any suggestions I'm all ears...

smilenkovski Wrote:Thanks for the simple, clean and beautiful skin. What about trailers? Is there trigger in library. It will be very nice if in Fanart view in movies (library) to watch trailer in the fanart windows (small fanart). I think that people avoid to watch trailers fullscreen because of the low quality of the files (mostly 480 if you are lucky). thats why I'm suggesting smaller fanart window for trailers, if triggered.

Not sure about trailers - I'll see how I go but I don't use them so it won't be a high priority - probably be on the video info screen if anything

rbonon Wrote:Would you allow my 2 cents of requests/suggestions?

- In Movies Wall View, there has to be somewhere the name of the movie. I see on the bottom the year and the number 1 or 2 (like 2009 1, what does it mean?)

- In Movie Fanart View, I love the way Aeon works: if you press Arrow Up, it will bring the information panel, one more Arrow Up and it brings the side panel. On the other hand, if you press Arrow Down, it brings the "Scroll by letter" (just like in Cirrus), and one further Arrow Down, hides the movie covers, and exposes the full fanart. Don't know how hard is to code that, but would make Cirrus even better for me;

Like you said the whole idea of this skin is ease of navigation so I'll be avoiding too many controls like you suggest. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll take it on board.
Amazing skin ! simple, pure and efficient !

One just thing if you can add: possibility to add some home buttons with a playlist. In fact I do want to have my concerts with my movies...

Thank you and keep going it's a very good job !
This looks really really good. I think there needs a few tweaks on spacing. The movie info overlaps the time just a tad and in rightlistview you can just see the top of the upcoming movie title. Might just be me my views thought.

But I agree this is a very nice clean skin that works well when viewed day and night. By that I mean doesn't get lost when the un hits the screen and doesn't burn your eyes when used at night in a dark room.

Oh and the final thing I would say is the buttons for the *play* *refresh* in info seem a little lost as they are.

I hope these comments are not taken badly as they are truly meant constructively.

Thanks for putting in all your hard work on this.
fullfatcream Wrote:This looks really really good. I think there needs a few tweaks on spacing. The movie info overlaps the time just a tad and in rightlistview you can just see the top of the upcoming movie title. Might just be me my views thought.

But I agree this is a very nice clean skin that works well when viewed day and night. By that I mean doesn't get lost when the un hits the screen and doesn't burn your eyes when used at night in a dark room.

Oh and the final thing I would say is the buttons for the *play* *refresh* in info seem a little lost as they are.

I hope these comments are not taken badly as they are truly meant constructively.

Thanks for putting in all your hard work on this.

I've changed the buttons you're talking about, plus added 'get fanart' and 'get thumb' etc back in. Will upload an updated version on the weekend as I've changed quite a few things.
Thanks for such a great skin.

I have noticed another problem, in tv-shows I use a logo script to get them. When you enter a tvshow which has only one season (i.e. Spartacus, Band of brothers..) appears like a tv image over the tvshow logo.

But when it has multiple seasons everything is fine. This issue can be easily solved by creating a "season01" directory on all single season tvshows.
titurio Wrote:Thanks for such a great skin.

I have noticed another problem, in tv-shows I use a logo script to get them. When you enter a tvshow which has only one season (i.e. Spartacus, Band of brothers..) appears like a tv image over the tvshow logo.

But when it has multiple seasons everything is fine. This issue can be easily solved by creating a "season01" directory on all single season tvshows.

The TV image is a fallback for when no logo is available - should be a quick fix so I'll make sure I fix that in the next release (which should be posted soon). Thanks for the heads up!
Question 
Hi!

This skin is really sweet, cudos to Crookas for the great work!

One question though. When i am in my TV-series view and press "i" to get show information or season information for example, i am used to seeing the option to download fanart and thumb.

In this skin i cannot find those options. Are they not part of the skin and if so, could you include them? Smile

Thnx
archmage4ever Wrote:Hi!

This skin is really sweet, cudos to Crookas for the great work!

One question though. When i am in my TV-series view and press "i" to get show information or season information for example, i am used to seeing the option to download fanart and thumb.

In this skin i cannot find those options. Are they not part of the skin and if so, could you include them? Smile

Thnx

Sorry, I pulled them out and forgot to put them back in. I'll release an update on the weekend that addresses the issue (and a lot of others). Cheers.
WOW... Super good job. Very clean, very fast. skin. Couple of things..

I noticed on the recently added movies, the posters do not scroll like they do in TV shows. Maybe its my older svn version. Dunno.

I too would also like to see a vertical movie and tv show scrolling, and maybe the option to add another row or two of movie/TV posters making it 3 or 4 by 8. I have been using the night theme but the wall views for movies are not my fav. I like the Aeon type poster wall view you have used, just would like to see more posters at once if possible. I have a lot of movies... (Thank you Usenet!!) LOL.

The OSD while playing a movie is the best I have seen bar none. It is perfect!!!

Last please remove or make an option to remove the XBMC logo. It's like a TV manufacturer water marking the screen with say a "Samsung" logo... who wants to see that all the time??... it kinda ruins the cleanliness of the home screen. IMHO... Will keep using the skin and weed out bugs if I find them.

Thanks will be looking for the weekend update.

snuff

*edit* playing around on my main theater and noticed the recently added movies issue on this machine as well. Also are you planning on adding custom Fav/smart playlist on main or sub menu's.....? The only thing I really see missing.. I'm torn between the menus(custom and sub) and look (poster view) of night and the ergonomics form speed look and "almost" menu of cirrus. Other then the menu everything else looks and works amazing for my use, dare I saw I like the look better than night?? Oh yeah the media Meta data is awesome looking... #1!!!! I love the 1080/720 icons and the bluray icons. It's also nice to see the colors thrown in there for the sound formats as well. eye candy buy not over blown...
Is there an texture.xpr file i can download?
UPDATE: Check the first post in this thread
good work.

do you know that you can include my logo downloader script in your skin Wink
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cirrus6