Live 9.11 on 785G = no video playback
I'm using the LiveCD 9.11 on a AMD 785g motherboard. The disc boots fine, all menus and settings work fine. However when I playback any video from mpeg1,2 xvid, mkv I get no picture. The overlay menus appear and when playing mpgs I see an area off the screen appear lighter but no image as such.

In settings I can see where to set use CPU over GPU that I've seen mentioned in a few posts. Is this because the LiveCD is more limited ? Any ideas how I can a video picture to work ? Thanks
Set render method to basic shaders(arb).
Thanks, thats what I'd kind of read but how do I set it in the LiveCD edition ?
It's in player settings.
Found it, thanks ! Pressing up brings up all the FPS, CPU, GPU details I wanted to see.

Only Software or simple shaders seems to work on a 785g using 9.11 livecd.

The wiki talks about Hardware Accelerated Video Decoding on AMD and I've seen various posts about under Windows and Ubuntu. As it not working for me using the LiveCD using a AMG 785g (RS880), is this a limitation of the LiveCD version verus running installed on a OS ?
No, it's just not available in the 9.11 release, if you want it on ati you need to get an svn build and use dxva on windows or vaapi on linux, personally I recommend dxva over vaapi, more people use it so support is probably better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live 9.11 on 785G = no video playback0