OSD (On Screen Display) menu for music
forget my other topic, this one seems more appropriate to what i'm really requesting. it would be awesome if music had a osd menu like for videos where you can change the volume up or down, in the upper-right corner it will display the time and name of the music in play, etc... all with the press of the "menu" button. pressing "info" will give you the information like the framerate, vbr, etc...lastly, the ability to jump minutes in of a song like pressing 0,0,0,1 on the xbox dvd-remote will jump you to 1 minute.
lana lang
it's my current project - watch this space!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

what also would be very nice... instead of the osd that pops up when you hit the info button while on full screen visuals, have that display move around a bit..
the reason beeing, i like to see whats playing etc, and i usally have the visuals up, so i don't get screen burn-in.
yes, i could set it so the little display goes away after a while, but then i'd have to hit info everytime again.
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
i'd love for the "info" button to display the current/total time, artist, album, song info all at the same and be able to have it always on, or to pop up every time the song changes, and then like every 5, 10, 15, 30, etc seconds through out the song.

that would be awesome.
as would having the ability to have "always output to all speakers" set only for music.
i'd love that.

thanks!
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
(indierocksteve @ dec. 02 2004,00:20 Wrote:i'd love for the "info" button to display the current/total time, artist, album, song info all at the same and be able to have it always on, or to pop up every time the song changes, and then like every 5, 10, 15, 30, etc seconds through out the song.

that would be awesome.
as would having the ability to have "always output to all speakers" set only for music.
i'd love that.

thanks!
i´d like to see it too Smile
just like "milkdrop" in winamp. there is an option to display the artist / title all 30 (15) seconds.
in mildkdrop is also nice fading and effects for the text build in.
looking forward to see it ... Wink
cu
solo from germany
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(indierocksteve @ dec. 01 2004,19:20 Wrote:i'd love for the "info" button to display the current/total time, artist, album, song info all at the same and be able to have it always on, or to pop up every time the song changes, and then like every 5, 10, 15, 30, etc seconds through out the song.

that would be awesome.
i'd love that.

thanks!
that just don't seem right to me, i rather that be done by pressing menu which will also bring up the osd menu just like for video. the info button should display the vbr, frames per second, etc... all the info of the music like with video. if the developers were to change it where info will display like the total duration, it wuld be confusing sometimes when switching from video media's, to music media's because of the different button assignments.
lana lang
if possible, it'd be cool if this menu could also include creating bookmarks- so you can easily start the mp3 where you left it (esp. handy for audiobooks...)

another item on the pile of wishes Smile
(ezd @ dec. 16 2004,17:06 Wrote:if possible, it'd be cool if this menu could also include creating bookmarks- so you can easily start the mp3 where you left it (esp. handy for audiobooks...)

another item on the pile of wishes Smile
hell yeah, i was thinking about this last night. i was like, "why did'nt i mention it should allow the creation of bookmarks". i'm glad you mentioned it cause i totally forgot.
lana lang
true, the exact buttons use can be set by the key config file. i just want that behaviour to be possible.
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
i love to head that finaly someone is developing an osd menu overlaying the visualizations (i assume?) so wicked!
i hope features are endless with this?
-like being able to browse music files/favourites/last played from within the osd.
- show albuminfo
- show playlist
- switching visualizations

hope to hear from you soon.
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
can't wait till this feature gets added. definately still my most wanted feature period :d
lana lang

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD (On Screen Display) menu for music0