tv series on dvd
I am at a loss. I am not sure if i just dont understand or if i am totaly missing somthing. I have read and read, and keep runing across somthing called an nfo file. do i need to build this file?, get it from some weres or what is goin on. I guess i need it broke down barny style cause i just dont get it.

I can get the xbmc to find the media and play it, i have copied an episode from disk to an iso, all the menue features work and everything, but i cannot get the program to labe the show. it is part of a season with multible episodes on it. it also puts the media in with my movies with no art.
I have put the iso in a subfolder of a folder labled tv series by itself. I have got the program to lable the folder itself with a thumb nail but when you enter the folder the iso is just lables as The Shield S1 D1.iso with no art.

i dont know if i am over looking somthing or if i just plain dont understand. i am just starting to play with this and want to put my dvd tv series library eventualy on an apple tv so i am playing with it in windows to get a handle on the program first. I have the movie selection down, that works great. I am just having trouble catorgorizing my shows with art and not have them go into my movie directory.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Rip tv episodes as single files. One episode per file, it will save you a lot of hassle and make your experience much better.
thank you for your responce. do i need to put each epoisode in its own folder, and also, what program would you recomend?

thank you!!
I organize with a folder for each season then file naming structure of Losts01e01 for each episode. s01 for season 1 and e01 for episode 1. Make sure youre name matches TVDB that will scrape it. I use Clonedvd to change dvds into individual episode iso files. I go one step further though and shrink them with Handbrake.
ok, so let me see if i got this right, i need somthing in the area of:
TV Series/The sheild/Season1/the sheilds01e01.mkv ??

I am just experimenting with make mkv beta cause i just came across it. i didnt know clone would do that, i just boght a 2 year license for it, ill have to tinker with it.

also how do i find the corect name?, i went here http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid...7887&lid=7 and it dosnt realy show that information. Sorry to be a bother, but i realy do apreciat all the help..
Alternative:
All TV shows should be in a separate from your movies. Name your iso files so they contain the season and episode data, e.g.:
\\server\TV\It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia\It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia s01e01-s01e02-s01e03.iso

Win7 64-bit | AMD Athlon X2 4850e | 780G Chipset | 2 GB RAM | ATI Radeon 3200 | XBMC 10.0
Just make sure the title of the tv show matches the title you want scraped in tvdb
I'm having a similar problem, I can see how ripping every episode individually would solve the symptom of multiple files being checked, but then new problems appear, like how would you access the bonus features and other parts of a DVD that would not be part of an episode?

I've been thinking about an idea, (probably need to spend more time thinking about it), but can XBMC pass other arguements to an external player?

What I was thinking (using MPC as an example), MPC has a /dvdpos T#C arguement that makes a video start at a specific title and chapter. XBMC uses things like 01X03 which is season and episode, couldn't something be coded like say for (this is just some rough pseudocode)

On XBMC
If **X01
Then %2 = Title 1
Else if **X02
then %2 = Title 2

Then on the arguement gets passed to the batch file

"C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe" H: /fullscreen /play
/dvdpos %2 /close

How hard would something like this be? I would think it would be rather easy, then again I've never worked with XBMC internals. I have a little bit of experience with Java and I would not mind mulling this idea over and refining it, with the flowcharts and pseudocode. But I really had no idea on how XBMC works internally and I'm hoping a developer can tell me how feasible implementing something like this would be. Thanks! Smile
Or you could simply rip the extras and create an nfo file file them. Put them in a directory under your TV showname directory named "Specials". That is what TheTVDB does for things like that.
Mark
Or add the extra's to thetvdb - you will find most shows already have this info uploaded already.
Is there any way to pass the bookmarks to MPC?
bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tv series on dvd0