3- Dunno but worked flawless with with Windows XP, 7 and 10
4- IR receiver from the MCE RC6
5- No build in IR Receiver
6- Yes
7- No.
8- Just using Event ghost with GSB_Script_AllinOne v2.39
9- Didnt change anything
10- 16.1

Since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update Kodi doesn't seem to recognize some of the Keys I press (with the remote). It still reacts to "up, down, left, right,exit (back), ok" but doesn't to some "special Keys" like Info, Menu, or the coloured keys liek blue (Subtitles) or Yellow (Audiolanguage it was I think). With the Keyboard it still works (eg "I" for info).
Before the Update, everything worked just fine. Even the Update from 7 to 10 went surprisingly well. So I don't really know where to start looking. Any ideas?
So under Windows 10 I should

1. Install as Windows 7?
2. What modification to the keyboard xml? Cntrl-alt-enter to f5 correct?

Sent from my iPhone
Hey,

Wonder if anyone can help, looks like the anniversary update as killed my setup on this, now when I hit "watch a movie" on my Logitech remote it puts the media PC into sleep (no idea what thats about) and also the green button is no longer recognised when I finally get to a desktop.

Anyone else seeing this, is there a fix?
I hope I have not missed it in this thread. I could not find anything so apologies in advance.

I am having trouble with kodi and WMC playing nicely together with with MCE remote. I have applied the xbmccustomregis.reg file that remapped the buttons of the remote into keyboard shortcuts. I researched and understand how it all works and I can manually edit the button mapping not problem.

But my question that I want to clarify is, if we remap remote buttons in the registry for better kodi support can we still use the remote in WMC?

My example. The info/more button is remapped to Ctrl+D. So this function of Ctrl+D is already taken care of and understood by kodi. And in my setup it works, EXCEPT in windows media center is does not. Pressing the info button on the remote which sends Ctrl+D in WMC does nothing at all. But the ctrl+D is being sent since it works in kodi and in Word it opens up paint app. Its working but WMC is not recognising any remapped buttons on the remote. From some searching on the internet it seems that WMC does not recognise keys being pressed simultaneously. I verified this on a keyboard attached. Pressing Ctrl + D at same time, then WMC does not respond. If I press ctrl then D then it works and open the program info dialog.

so;
1) Does remapping remote buttons via the registry disable functionality in WMC?
2) If things are still meant to work in WMC any ideas whats wrong with my setup?

System details are;
* Win10 Pro build 1607 anniversary edition
* WMC_6.3.9600.16384_x64_v12 (Patched WMC for Win10 from My Digital Life Forum)
* Legit MS Compatible RC6 remote ehome. Remote with the 4 color button at bottom.

WMC works fine / ok with default registry settings. When change registry for remapped buttons then those remap button with modifier keys (e.g. Ctrl+ or Alt+ or Shift+ etc) dont work.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.
If you have kodi why do you want WMC? Kodi is a replacement for WMC. If it is live TV you can use an addon.

That would make your question moot.
(2017-01-19, 01:01)donbrew Wrote: If you have kodi why do you want WMC? Kodi is a replacement for WMC. If it is live TV you can use an addon.

That would make your question moot.

WMC is the only player of protected content, so there's that.
(2017-01-16, 10:06)luthepa2 Wrote: I hope I have not missed it in this thread. I could not find anything so apologies in advance.

I am having trouble with kodi and WMC playing nicely together with with MCE remote. I have applied the xbmccustomregis.reg file that remapped the buttons of the remote into keyboard shortcuts. I researched and understand how it all works and I can manually edit the button mapping not problem.

But my question that I want to clarify is, if we remap remote buttons in the registry for better kodi support can we still use the remote in WMC?

My example. The info/more button is remapped to Ctrl+D. So this function of Ctrl+D is already taken care of and understood by kodi. And in my setup it works, EXCEPT in windows media center is does not. Pressing the info button on the remote which sends Ctrl+D in WMC does nothing at all. But the ctrl+D is being sent since it works in kodi and in Word it opens up paint app. Its working but WMC is not recognising any remapped buttons on the remote. From some searching on the internet it seems that WMC does not recognise keys being pressed simultaneously. I verified this on a keyboard attached. Pressing Ctrl + D at same time, then WMC does not respond. If I press ctrl then D then it works and open the program info dialog.

so;
1) Does remapping remote buttons via the registry disable functionality in WMC?
2) If things are still meant to work in WMC any ideas whats wrong with my setup?

System details are;
* Win10 Pro build 1607 anniversary edition
* WMC_6.3.9600.16384_x64_v12 (Patched WMC for Win10 from My Digital Life Forum)
* Legit MS Compatible RC6 remote ehome. Remote with the 4 color button at bottom.

WMC works fine / ok with default registry settings. When change registry for remapped buttons then those remap button with modifier keys (e.g. Ctrl+ or Alt+ or Shift+ etc) dont work.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

What you could do, and what I've done for years, is use Autohotkey to map F13-F24 function key combos to specific programs like WMC and Kodi. See this message for more:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1890239
Hello, Can you please add in the help file that the registry in windows default to QWERTY keyboard ?

I have a azerty keyboard and the layout is mismatched. So If I want to press the A on my keyboard, I have to configure the REG file as a Q press or it won't work otherwise.

this made me have a lot of problems in kodi until i figured it out.
not sure if people are still following this thread...
I just updated my pc to windows 10 and Kodi Live TV instead of WMC.
In the past with WMC for live TV all my remotes were working fine and easy (Logitech Harmony, RC6 remotes).

With windows 10 and Kodi live TV It seems that I cannot use my remote anymore as I used to.
The "Guide", "Live TV" button... are not recognized anymore... even if I use the add-on Keymap editor.
any idea?

using show key software some button are not recognized .

my setup
HTPC, windows 10 64, HDHomeRun 3 tuners, cablecard, MCE remote RC6 and Logitech Harmony remote (Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver).
There is a autohotkey script that helps. Search for xbmc mce remote - it's a red and black page Wink

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-07-28, 18:21)sjchmura Wrote: There is a autohotkey script that helps. Search for xbmc mce remote - it's a red and black page Wink

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

thanks, I found http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/index.html but I think my issue is the remotes and windows are not communicating on some of the button, like Guide, Rec TV, the colored button (red, green..), ...
I tried 3 different remotes, and 2 different receiver, not sure what to do.
I am not at my PC so only 1/2 the anwser.
But it has to do with win 10 update which reset window's 10 drivers.
I fixed it with rolling back the update and make a MCE keymap save
Then update and load the config.
Other way is to find the regconfig lines and insert them by the MCE mapping tool.
For each of the keys there are missing.

Sorry for not giving the 100% answer you need but search for the windows 10 update reset MCE drivers mapping and you might find the 100% answer.
(2017-07-28, 20:30)Daller Wrote: I am not at my PC so only 1/2 the anwser.
Other way is to find the regconfig lines and insert them by the MCE mapping tool.

Sorry for not giving the 100% answer you need but search for the windows 10 update reset MCE drivers mapping and you might find the 100% answer.

Thank you, it does make a lot of sense... I will try to dig around, but so far I couldn't find anything.,.
(2017-07-28, 20:30)Daller Wrote: I am not at my PC so only 1/2 the anwser.

If you can share your MCE keymap so I can load it if yours works? Angel
This script still works great on Windows 10 x64 v1909.

I installed the "For Windows 8" script and AutoHotKey according to the instructions on the webpage.
One reboot later and Green button starts Kodi and pressing it again restores focus to Kodi. All the MCE remote buttons I tested now work great in Kodi.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15