[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ices Offline
Fixed my problem
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-17 07:37 by Ices.)
find quote
Ices Offline
I used the Custom Registry settings and now I have a problem. The Kodi Helix program only launches in back of the desktop. I can see my task bar when it launches and I have to click on the screen with my mouse to get it to come to the front. This makes my remote useless, please help.
find quote
cruiserlad Offline
1. Windows 7 64 bit
2. Hauppauge 2250
3. Hauppauge RC6 remote
4. Kodi 14.1
5. No devices listed in eHome

I hate the WinTV. I want to use only the IR receiver with the Hauppauge tuner. I works pretty well. I can not get the Irremote.ini to work for me. Never the less the the registry configuration looks like it is the ultimate as far as controlling my HTPC. So all that being said, can I: 1) use the Hauppauge receiver with the Windows software 2) what do I need to do to make it so? Thanks. Oh, yeah! I'm a noob if you couldn't tell.
find quote
jp2code Offline
This is a really big thread, and I've been through several pages without figuring out how to fix this issue for me.

Using this website, I was able to capture the key codes for VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN:

http://unixpapa.com/js/testkey.html

My MCE Remote sends keyCode=175 for VOLUME UP and keyCode=174 for VOLUME DOWN.

Now, how do I apply these? 175 and 174 do not do anything.

[Image: edOgjBsh.png]
find quote
abxnightpilot Offline
I have been controlling XBMC with a remote whithout any problems. I have one problem with KODI however. After I boot into Windows 7 and press the START button, KODI does not start unless I run another program or process first. If I do something as simple as right clicking my mouse or run Chrome and then press the START button KODI starts. It is as if something is not in focus. Any ideas? Thanks
find quote
jp2code Offline
So, it looks like everyone posts their problems here, but there are no solutions.

Does that about sum it up?
find quote
baijuxavior Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-03-06 05:05)jp2code Wrote:  This is a really big thread, and I've been through several pages without figuring out how to fix this issue for me.

Using this website, I was able to capture the key codes for VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN:

http://unixpapa.com/js/testkey.html

My MCE Remote sends keyCode=175 for VOLUME UP and keyCode=174 for VOLUME DOWN.

Now, how do I apply these? 175 and 174 do not do anything.

[Image: edOgjBsh.png]

Are you sure that the remote is RC6 compliant mce remote? You should see microsoft ehome transceiver device listed in device manager if the remote is true mce.
find quote
jp2code Offline
(2015-03-12 15:40)baijuxavior Wrote:  Are you sure that the remote is RC6 compliant mce remote? You should see microsoft ehome transceiver device listed in device manager if the remote is true mce.

You, sir, are correct. I searched, but found the wrong remote thread.

My apologies.

Is there a good thread on non-MCE remotes?

I found the [thread=168767]KeyMap Editor thread[/thread], but there aren't many members helping in there either.
find quote
baijuxavior Offline
Posting Freak
Try eventghost with the mce plugin. Follow this guide.
find quote
mamikel Offline
Hi

this is great. Just one question so far. Is it possible to still have the guide button still behave the same i.e. open MCE guide?

thanks

Matt
find quote
Joedrt73 Offline
(2015-02-28 04:00)cruiserlad Wrote:  1. Windows 7 64 bit
2. Hauppauge 2250
3. Hauppauge RC6 remote
4. Kodi 14.1
5. No devices listed in eHome

I hate the WinTV. I want to use only the IR receiver with the Hauppauge tuner. I works pretty well. I can not get the Irremote.ini to work for me. Never the less the the registry configuration looks like it is the ultimate as far as controlling my HTPC. So all that being said, can I: 1) use the Hauppauge receiver with the Windows software 2) what do I need to do to make it so? Thanks. Oh, yeah! I'm a noob if you couldn't tell.

I have this exact setup and definitely don't have all the buttons configured that are on the remote.

I want the view live tv button, guide, recordings buttons to work... how to enable them?

Is it possible to edit the supplied ir remote software that Hauppauge sent with the tuner card? (WinTV software)....

please help US....
find quote
ping182nz Offline
Question  RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
(2015-02-19 19:57)Ices Wrote:  I used the Custom Registry settings and now I have a problem. The Kodi Helix program only launches in back of the desktop. I can see my task bar when it launches and I have to click on the screen with my mouse to get it to come to the front. This makes my remote useless, please help.

Hi , did Ices ever find a solution to this problem or did anyone?

I notice that the issue is resolved if I push Ctrl + F12 before pushing my green media centre button to launch Kodi, this enables Smart Focus, but how do I enable this by default? i.e. How do I stop the need to push Ctrl + F12?

Anyone have any ideas?
(This post was last modified: 2015-03-26 11:00 by ping182nz.)
find quote
Joedrt73 Offline
does anyone know how to get the live tv, guide, recordings, buttons working on the rc6 remote with this program?
find quote