XBMC+Powerdvd 10
I would use powerdvd 10 as external player, I can execute powerdvd 10, but the film selected in xbmc is not displayed, nly displaying the initial screen powerdvd, I think in the args parameter should indicate something, but it's not me can you help? Thanks ...
This is the method that I use. Works well for bluray ISOs. Should at least have some answers to your questions.

Win7 64-bit | AMD Athlon X2 4850e | 780G Chipset | 2 GB RAM | ATI Radeon 3200 | XBMC 10.0
I just use powerdvd to watch high definition movies format files: mkv, m2ts and wmv on my hd... I think I should run powerdvd10.exe, but do not know what arguments should be put in the parameter "args" so that when you select the movie you can see it automatically the film selected
From what I've read PDVD does not accept arguments (for launching movie files) using cmd line.
You should consider using a different external player that will.

Win7 64-bit | AMD Athlon X2 4850e | 780G Chipset | 2 GB RAM | ATI Radeon 3200 | XBMC 10.0
Fixed ... Should be removed from the parameter "args" of playercorefactory.xml -> "{1}" and is working properly ...

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PDVD" <player type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename> C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Cyberlink \ PowerDVD10 \ PowerDVD10.exe </ filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close</ args>
<hidexbmc>true</ hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</ hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</ warpcursor>
</ Player>
</ Players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|wmv|m2ts" <rule player="PDVD"/>
</ Rule>
</ Rules>
</ Playercorefactory>
kitesurferbcn,
How is this working for you?

I'm considering trying out PowerDVD to see if the quality is better due to the upscaling built-in... and the Bluray support.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC+Powerdvd 100