Music Videos Question
Hi everyone,

First off big thanks to the xbmc community and the efforts of all the developers/skinners in bringing together this this fantastic software. Through the help of this forum I've been able to switch from WMC and am loving what xbmc does.

I have a question in regards to musicvideos - searched through the forums but am not able to find an answer. My musicvideo collection gets scanned properly and I can get videos by title or by artists etc in library view. My question is in the videos by artists view, under artists its sorted by the album and then the song/clip.

Artists -> Album -> song/clip

I was wondering if its possible to remove the 'album' after artists so all you get is artist -> song/clips from that artists.

Thanks!
Sanj
You won't get any help here for Music Video as I posted questions and no answer then get deleted. Yep XBMC is AWESOME but just too much annoyances accompany XBMC are bothering me, may just too much is getting changed right now. THANK YOU all the Developers/Coders/Designers/Skinners for all your hard work.

Are you able to sort them by artist, year, title?
Thanks for your reply Veneetle. I can sort by Artist or Year or Title etc. And I must say its fantastic that its doing that but was hoping I could by pass the album when sorting by Artist.

Well at least I asked the question... Smile
veneetle Wrote:You won't get any help here for Music Video as I posted questions and no answer then get deleted. Yep XBMC is AWESOME but just too much annoyances accompany XBMC are bothering me, may just too much is getting changed right now. THANK YOU all the Developers/Coders/Designers/Skinners for all your hard work.

In my experience, 8 total postings on a forum for a product as complex as XBMC is usually more indicative of a lack of patience that it is a lack of ability in the product.
There ARE some weird design decisions in XBMC sometimes, and there can be a distinct lack of help from time to time, but all in all, I think you'd be hard pressed to find any better product on the market.
There are some that do a few things better, and some that do a lot more things, but in a bad way... but I'd say if you invest 1 solid week in reading about XBMC, and 1 solid week playing with things, and perhaps 1 solid week arranging your media in a logical manner that's conducive to accurate scraping.... you'll be fine.
That's 3 weeks effort to have a pretty comprehensive multimedia setup.

I think that's too good to give up on, and definitely worth spending more time with.
Are you browsing Music videos via the Music or Video Library?

veneetle, what Music video questions do you have?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Browsing through 'Music' and 'Music Videos', not under 'videos'.

My music videos are not sorted into a folder each for each artist. They are in one directory. It is scraped correctly and is in the Labrary.
There is no 'Flatten' option for the Music Library.
It exists however for the Video Library and Music Videos are browsable from there.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
AnalogKid Wrote:In my experience, 8 total postings on a forum for a product as complex as XBMC is usually more indicative of a lack of patience that it is a lack of ability in the product.
There ARE some weird design decisions in XBMC sometimes, and there can be a distinct lack of help from time to time, but all in all, I think you'd be hard pressed to find any better product on the market.
There are some that do a few things better, and some that do a lot more things, but in a bad way... but I'd say if you invest 1 solid week in reading about XBMC, and 1 solid week playing with things, and perhaps 1 solid week arranging your media in a logical manner that's conducive to accurate scraping.... you'll be fine.
That's 3 weeks effort to have a pretty comprehensive multimedia setup.

I think that's too good to give up on, and definitely worth spending more time with.

I been learning and playing with XBMC for much longer than weeks more like months, and still find little annoyance here and there.
I am not blaming anyone because developer are really busy working for the new release (yep it's changes daily). I just wanted to point out that music video is not as important as others. I still cannot sort by anything, the options are there just does not work.

Cannot agree more about XBMC is the best on the market just very simple to use and looks extremely awesome with AEON65.
The thing to do is to report confirmed problems to trac there is no guarantee a dev wil catch a post here.
How does sorting not work for you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Videos Question0