Full Library Printout
I have a large library spread across several drives and some on a NAS. I want to know if there is a simple way to get some sort of notepad file that will list all of my movie titles?

thank you
As a start, if you have all of these movies indexed in XBMC's library, you can export your database as a single file and this creates an XML file containing all of your videos.
Yes, I have all of my movies indexed in XBMC. I went ahead and exported my library. I found the xml file. Now my question is how do I open access it properly? Double clicking on it opens up internet explorer with a bunch of code and a description for only one of my movies.
open the file with notepad in windows *right click* *open with*

-=jason=-
So I opened up the file with notepad, but it has a bunch of text (movie synopsis,runtime,etc).

I was hoping for just a simple clean list of movie titles (at most the movie directories)

Is this too much to hope for or can it be done easily?
The user TickTack wrote up a script here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69982

I haven't given it a run myself but I think that's the only option right now. I'm also looking at building a way to do this.
You can open the xml in excel and then select only the columns you want to display.
I opened the xml file in Excel and deleted all the unneeded columns. It worked nicely. I was even able to save an extra copy as a notepad (.txt) file.

Thank you.
here is what I just did right now.

I was using command line and went into my movie directory

/mnt/1tb/Movies

I then typed ls
it listed all the folders I had in there in list form I then copied and pasted in to notepad++ its a notepad that has the lines numbered. I have 78 movies in my library

cheers,
-=Jason=-
if you're going to log in via the command line and do an 'ls' you might as well just redirect its output.

'ls > movies.txt'

This will basically take what would normally be displayed to your screen with 'ls' but instead dump it straight to a file named movies.txt which notepad should open without a problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Library Printout0