Combining multi-part episodes as single listing in library mode
I have many multi-part episodes, and I have then named appropriately; ie: showname.s01e01-02. The only problem is that in library mode they all show up as seperate episodes. So I was just wondering if there was support for combining multi-part episodes into a single episode listing in the library. So instead of there being 2 separate episode listings it would be something like "episode 1 title / episode 2 title"

I know it's not a big deal, but I forget which episodes are multi-part and it's annoying to be expecting one episode but then realize that it's not the episode you wanted and have to seek until you get to the correct spot.

I should note that this isn't a problem for cliffhanger episodes as you obviously won't be watching part 2 1st, but mainly for shows like old cartoons where you had 2 (or even 3 in some cases) completely unrelated episodes.
hi,

you would be interested in file stacking

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Stacking
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
dondre Wrote:hi,

you would be interested in file stacking

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Stacking

much appreciated, thanks.

~edit~

I believe this is the opposite of what I want since my tv episodes are in a single file. Plus it says "Stacking is currently only applied to movies". Thanks for trying to help though.
I believe stacking works as well for TV shows,

Nevertheless, if you're running the library mode, stacking is every time applied,

Basically means that if you name correctly your multi part episode and scan for info, once it's added to the library it's automatically in stacking mode (single file)
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
dondre Wrote:I believe stacking works as well for TV shows,

Nevertheless, if you're running the library mode, stacking is every time applied,

Basically means that if you name correctly your multi part episode and scan for info, once it's added to the library it's automatically in stacking mode (single file)

If I'm reading correctly this is really for playback of multi-part episodes (or movies cd1, cd2, etc) so that they will appear as a single movie or tv show when playing back. My TV shows are already in a single file (like episodename.s01e01-02-03), but they appear as seperate episodes in the libary (like episode 01, episode 02, episode 03. So for example if I wanted to watch episodename.s01e02 I'd click on "episode 02" in the library, but I don't remember every series that has multi-part episodes so it'll be a good 1-2 minutes before I realize that this isn't the correct episode and then have to seek to get to the part of the video file that has the episode.

Of course I'd have to do that anyway, but if they showed up as a single listing in the library (like "episode title 1 / episode title 2 / episode title 3", I'd know that I would have to seek immediately and to aproximately where (as a two part episode's 2nd part would typically start half way through, etc)

As I said, it's not a big deal really, but it would be nice to know what files have multiple episodes contained within them. If thetvdb has the episode listed as two parts (like this show does http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75729&lid=7) it'll show up how I need it to, but a lot of the series' will seperate each part into seperate episodes, so instead of 13 episodes in the link above, it will have 26 while on my end I have them combined into 13.

I hope the above makes sense, I tried to explain the best I could, and If I'm misunderstanding how stacking is supposed to work and it does what I'm wanting to do, please help me to understand. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Combining multi-part episodes as single listing in library mode0