Duplicate "My Programs" functionality?
looking for a script to build a window like my programs. but to better organize my games

basically:

manually add bookmarks on left pane that when clicked loads flattened dir. structure on right with only default.xbes

my file structure is f:\games\<game genre>\<game folder>

so left list would be like:
fps pointing to f:\games\fps
sports pointing to f:\games\sports
etc....

this would allow me to build a new button on home. that executes the mygames.py
not a problem to develop such a script. the hard thing, and i don't know if it is possible, would be to launch the xbe with python...
how would you read the xbetitles from the xbes?
yes !
that's a problem !!!

but as for launching xbe's, i think xbmc python is able to launch xbe's
i think it would better serve the community at large if the devs would just improve the existing code so that users could create custom screens, thus allowing us to build whatever we want using built-in functions (views, launch xbes, etc)

maybe you can push this with the devs... my requesting this has fell on def ears several times.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(solexalex @ may 11 2005,22:53 Wrote:yes !
that's a problem !!!

but as for launching xbe's, i think xbmc python is able to launch xbe's
yep, the last build (or the one i read the changelog on) added python code to launch xbes. they also added ejecttray to open/close the dvd tray. i've been wanting to 'duplicate my programs functionality' for a long time. i didn't even know launching xbes was ever a hurdle. the first i hurdle i thought of was reading the xbetitles.

what i have in mind for a custom 'my programs' is adding a context menu option to 'preview video'. basically, making 'my programs' look and feel more like a dashboard such as mxm or unleashx.

i've always found it ironic that the best multimedia app on xbox made no provisions for game preview videos while browsing the on-hdd games. as it is now, gametrailer.com videos must be converted to wmv8 to work with those other dashboards. xbmc will play just about anything you throw at it without need for converting to a particular format.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate "My Programs" functionality?0