XBOX turns off w/ remote
Smile 
Quite little note:

I have an original XBOX w/ XBMC that turns off when I turn off my RCA reciever. I know that RCA uses similar commands, but I have never read that you could turn it off. Anyone else had success with this?

There is a very brief Please Wait that pops up - I use the AEON skin.

I was under the impression that you could not turn it on or off w/out the IR mod and even then needed a macro funtion on your remote.

Just thought I would trow this out there...

~Sean
I believe XBMC can turn off the XBox(been a couple of years since I used the Xbox) So with a power off(yes the Xbox uses RCA codes) of your receiver, XBMC responds by turning off the Xbox... You can modify your keyboard.xml(I believe) so the power button on the remote does not work.
You can shut down the xbox via the shutdown menu, just as you can with any other version of XBMC. On my xbox you access that menu by pressing numpad button 8 on the remote (I think that was a default setting, but it's possible I might've edited the xml file aaaages ago and forgotten that I'd done so). Alternatively, if using the standard xbox controller you can get to this menu by pressing the right-thumbstick
Have a read of this for some background

>>> http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml#U...te_Section <<<

If you don't want the default behaviour (i.e. powering down from your remote) then you could edit your keymap.xml file so that the 'power' button maps to another less disruptive function.

Personally, I like the fact that my XBOX switches off when I turn off the Amp so I'm not sure if you want to overcome this behaviour or you're simply interested in how/why it works as it does.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX turns off w/ remote0