• 1(current)
[RELEASE] The Daily Show (Video) Addon
Thumbs Up 
This is a Daily Show Video plugin that should clone most of the functionality of the website. It can list and play any video on the site. I have added several modes for browsing around.

Root listing
Full Episodes - past 4 weeks of Full episodes
Browse by date - Choose by year, month, and then day
News Team - list of correspondents where you can browse the videos tagged for specific person.
Segments - list by popular segment
Guests - list by type of guest. (celebrity,author, ect. )

Video descriptions and thumbnails are supported.
I added plug-in settings bitrate limits, and sort modes in the settings for News Team and Segment listings. (date, views, rating)

We have hulu back but they dropped The Daily Show and The Colbert Report from their site. This plug-in aims to fill that content gap. The Colbert Report is in the pipeline once this is feature complete. The South Park studios one I made this morning was also part of my comedy central blitz.

updated 0.2 link
http://www.mediafire.com/?06lzoc6el2bizh3

Outside the US? test it and report back. This might work for you.

This uses RTMPE & swf verification so you make sure you have libRTMP support in your XBMC. I would use svn version 32470 or newer if you want full episodes to work because of a bugged described here. Right now i don't think this playlist fix is in Darhma branch. I am using the svn trunk.
BlueCop Wrote:This uses RTMPE & swf verification so you make sure you have libRTMP support in your XBMC.

You should probably expand/clarify on this point for the general users...
What needs clarification? Searching should turn up the relevant information.

If you mean offer support for xbmc then I won't be doing that. I know very little about it. I can compile my own XBMC but I am not an expert.

I will try to offer support for this plug-in because that is what I know about because I made it.
seems to work for me in the UK. on most streams.
using recent Xbox build by exobuzz
nice layout too.
thanks.
Smiff: thanks. I would be interested in specifics of any videos that don't work and debug logs if possible.

joebrady: did you mean to contrast with previous XBMC version of the libRTMP that didn't support rtmpe and swf verify? or something else?
'you need to use a nightly build for linux, windows or osx, or a recent xbmc4xbox build for xbox.'
Yea, I just meant maybe list the Rev. they needed to be above for it to work. So you didn't get a bunch of, "Why isn't this working on my 2005 version of XBMC on my xbox?" questions.
In Canada... browsing works but video never plays.
Do I need to do something special such as block port 1935? Plugin an american IP into the script somewhere?
bobb0 Wrote:In Canada... browsing works but video never plays.
Do I need to do something special such as block port 1935? Plugin an american IP into the script somewhere?

Not enough information.

debug logs?
Updated the first post with a new version with several new options.

I am happy with this now and I am going to move on to Colbert.
I'm in Denmark.

I can watch the 3 min. recaps just fine, but when trying to watch a full episode XBMC crashes.

I'm on latest SVN, Ubuntu.

I guess it's because the full episodes are blocked for non-US viewers, and the recaps are not?

/Martin
Please post debug logs to some paste service. I have no idea where it is failing with out them.

I am redoing the plug-in to stack the episode segments and return with resolve URL. So playlists work correctly.
BlueCop Wrote:Not enough information.

debug logs?

Updated to August 15th's SVN and it works now. Guess XBMC was not as up-to-date as I thought it was.
Running Dharma, compiled on Aug. 14th. First off, nicely done! I always assumed the comedy central stuff wasn't going to happen until we got webkit going. Hooray!

Second, it might be useful in the original post to write something like:

Required: XBMC 10.8 pre-Darma, compiled July 28th or later

That's really an arbitrary date, but some kind of suggested compilation date for users written very clearly would be useful.

Third, full episodes work great, except for some reason it doesn't seem to include the most recent week. I can access the Aug. 3, 4th, and 5th episodes, but not the 9th through 12th.

I can access individual segments of the 9th through 12th though, just not full episodes.
Thanks natethomas I wasn't aware of the full episode listing problem. I am trying to decide the best way to make and update these comedy central plugins and really all viacom owned companies that could use common code. Like the MTV networks music video plug-in uses the same uri system. I am just trying to plan and do it right so it will be easily updatable across plugins and be the least amount of work for me.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Daily Show (Video) Addon0