Fanart behaviour
Hi,

I am a spanish user of XBMC and I have a question about fanart.

I am looking at the db, and I have seen that fanart field saves fanarts already scraped. This is good for movies that have a fanart when you scrape the movie, but if fanarts get updated in themoviedb then you have to scrape the whole movie again.

Is there any way to save API getImages URL into fanart field instead of saving all the fanarts the movie has at time you scrape the movie? Then when you update fanart it scrapes images nfo again and takes new fanarts every time.

This will solve the scraping all movie problem, and I think it doesn't change the code so much.

Thanks.
Clicking refresh in the video info dialog should work fine at getting all the new ones. Petty sure the latest versions even ask you if you want to use your local nfo files (if you have them) or check the web again
I'm not refering to this. I mean when you chose fanart option (It only shows fanarts in db inside <fanart> tags. If there is a url with all the fanarts (with the API getImages instead the fanart itselfs it will be best to change only fanarts.
Yes, this is what we want to do eventually, though it would be more saving the id and re-running a routine to generate the url rather than saving the url directly (i.e. one more way to isolate things from site changes such as rearranging URLs).

A patch that looks to do this would be great.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I would do it if I learn that language and understand the code.

Can you tell me where is the fanart options location to starting to try to understand the code?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart behaviour0