is it possible to cache all thumb nails for movies?
My htpc is not connected to the internet, which is a bother when I need to update a thumbnail or fan art for a movie because they have to be downloaded there and then. Is it possible to configure xbmc so it downloads and caches all the thumbnails and fan arts it finds for every movie, rather than choosing one by itself?

btw. Does anyone know the logic xbmc used to select the thumb and the fan art from the list of candidates?

Lastly, and sorry if this is a silly question, are posters and fan art the same thing?

Thank you!
Scan your stuff into the library and it'll do all of them at once. After that, an internet connection is not required.

And we just use the first thumb or fanart found - usually the websites cooperate by having the most popular one on top.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ah, perhaps I wasen't clear enough.

My movies are already scanned into the library, and xbmc has chosen a thunbnail and fanart for each. However sometimes, when browsing around, I would like to change the thumbnail, and xbmc then loads a number of alternatives (these are downloaded from the internet). Once loaded, these alternatives stay cached (I don't know for how long though).

My questions is, is it possible for xbmc to download all possible thumbnails per movie on its own?
It only downloads them when you display that dialog (and in fact only if you actually view them in the dialog).

I'm not sure what the point of downloading them all would be, given that we don't use them anywhere?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Dont mean to hijack, but think this is relevant. Smile

I agree, downloading them all seems pointless, but when I go to 'Movie Information' in Dharma, it doesnt even show the remote thumbs to choose, just the Local ones. Is this intentional at the moment (Windows Build)?

Having real issues getting the banners for TV Shows too.
DejaVu77 Wrote:Dont mean to hijack, but think this is relevant. Smile

I agree, downloading them all seems pointless, but when I go to 'Movie Information' in Dharma, it doesnt even show the remote thumbs to choose, just the Local ones. Is this intentional at the moment (Windows Build)?

Having real issues getting the banners for TV Shows too.

bet xbmc is using local NFO info, reload the show or movie and it will tell you it has found local info do you want to continue. YES I want to continue follow the steps and scrap from the net ignoring the local NFO info.

I ended up deleting my NFOs from my movies because I was not able to view trailers unless I reloaded the movie via scraper.

-=Jason=-
This is because XBMC stores the thumb URLs in the database. It's a silly thing to do and will be fixed eventually, just not a priority right now as we want to get Dharma out sooner rather than later!

Flomaster Wrote:I ended up deleting my NFOs from my movies because I was not able to view trailers unless I reloaded the movie via scraper.

-=Jason=-

Sounds like you scraped your movies first then added local trailers after

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is it possible to cache all thumb nails for movies?0