icon.png not changing...
Hi,

I've been working on my XMB skin. I've replaced the icon.png (working from Confluence) with my own version, however it's not updating when viewing the skin through addons. If i enter the skin in addons, the correct icon is showing. It's the level above (main addons section) that it's not changing.

Any idea? Reloading xbmc or refreshing the skin makes no difference. Am i missing something!?

Cheers
Maybe you need to clear your cache? Addons thumbs are in the root folder of the userdata/Thumbnails folder afaik.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Cheers freezy, that did it.
It would have updated automatically within 24 hours. We only recheck cached images every 24 hours.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It would have updated automatically within 24 hours. We only recheck cached images every 24 hours.

That's pretty interesting to know. Awesome! Thanks.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
jmarshall Wrote:It would have updated automatically within 24 hours. We only recheck cached images every 24 hours.

really? all kind of cached images?
Only those images cached in the texture cache.

This doesn't include music or video fanart, thumbs, artist, actor etc., but pretty much everything else (addons, pictures, the images you see in the filebrowser etc.)

Note that it won't immediately update after those 24 hours. What happens is we fire off a background job after loading the texture that checks a hash, and if it's changed it's recached. Thus, it'll be the next load of that texture that gets the new image, so you have to navigate away from it (for sufficient time for it to be flushed from memory).

See the texture cache page on the wiki for more detail.

Post Dharma I'll be looking at moving music and video to the same system.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

good to know, i need to take a look at this to make the cache change immediately with logo downloader Big Grin
What I'd like to see is a "refresh icon cache" button in settings somewhere.
maybe refresh texture.db when updating library is an idea?
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
You won't need either of these in the future as it's automatic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
icon.png not changing...0