NEWBIE: AppleTV/XBMC/APXHD
Question 
Hello All-

If this is a duplicate post please forgive me.

After playing with XBMC on my MacBook Pro for a couple of days with great success I decided to bite the bullet and get an AppleTV. On the mac everything worked including my networked content drive.

I have been able to get Launcher/XBMC installed on the ATV but I can not seem to get it to see my HD that is attached to the USB on the Aiport.

I attempted to add nitoTV but I must have done something wrong (killed everything) and I had to do a factory restore and repatch for XBMC.

Is there a way to add a network drive that is attached to APX's USB simply?
The content is already organized and indexed per XBMC's conventions.
I need to keep the drive on the network so that I can add more content and watch from the Macbook.

Please feel free to point me to very simple posts or post a walk through if you feel like it.

Thank you so much for your help!

J Grimm
...not without getting nitoTV installed. If you followed the instructions that come with the download, you should have no issues.
Code:
To install it, you will need to copy this folder to your AppleTV. You can copy it to the home folder of the 'frontrow' user if you wish, although its location doesn't really matter.

Next, you need to open an SSH connection to your AppleTV, like so:

ssh -1 frontrow@<your_appletv_address>

When prompted for a password, enter 'frontrow'.

Now go to the directory where you placed this folder on your AppleTV and type the following command:

sudo ./installme

When prompted for a password, enter 'frontrow' again.

If you get any errors about installme not existing try

chmod +x installme

and run again
I was able to get it working using only the built in SMB client for XBMC.

Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEWBIE: AppleTV/XBMC/APXHD0