Can't see Music & Video Files using UPnP
Hi,

My Set Up:

Windows 7 PC with latest XBMC installed. Videos and Music are local and can be viewed / browsed etc. with no issues. Network settings are set to share to UPnP clients and I've enabled HTTP control. Zonealarm firewall.

Laptop running Ubuntu 10.04 with latest XBMC installed. Network settings enabled to operate as UPnP client. No firewall.

I can add a UPnP source on the laptop which discovers the XBMC server with no problems - it presents me with 2 options for Music and Video but when I click on either, there is no content listed - just .. to go back.

I can list the content on my Android Mobile using the official app and can control XBMC using the phone - but I know that's using HTTP over a completely different interface.

Can anybody help diagnose why I can't see the files? I posted here rather than a specific platform forum as it's a mixture.

Many thanks.
Have you scanned the files into XBMC's library? We only share the library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Now that was a fast reply - many thanks.

I'm sorry - I didn't realise I had to do some scanning as well - I'd assumed that as I could see and play the files locally and that new files appeared in the list just by dropping the AVIs into the folders that I had done all I needed to do.

Cool - I'll follow the docs and go through the scanning process tonight when I get home and update this thread with the results.

Many thanks again. Great product by the way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't see Music & Video Files using UPnP0