HTPC Build Complete Need What How To Optimize For XBMC
SOME PICS OF THE BUILD...AND SOMEONE WTF MY CPU TEMPS ARE -6 WHAT THE FLUCK IS THAT TOO LOW...CANT BE GOOD I GUESS I SHALL LOOK INTO OVERCLOCKING THIS PUPPY.

to be honest: your temps before installing the fans were very good. the atom has a max cpu temp of 90°C. when its very hot outside (about 26°C in my living room) i have between 20-24°C on my cores. the gpu temp is never below 46 here. when watching a hd movie it goes up to about 52°C. that is fine with the ion. i am sure that the gpu will always be hotter than the atoms, so no idea why zotac said, that the gpu should be cooler than the atom.
CrystalHD Installer XBMC Community Forum Thread -
Apple TV CrystalHD Installer Announcement - Broadcom CrystalHD Installer
http://www.sartori.at/ - my weblog

Sync your MAC and Google Account (+ Google Apps) - Click here for 5$ Discout

Living Room: HFX Micro black - Zotac IONITX G - Intel X25V - Hama remote
Bedroom: Linux AppleTV - CrystalHD
it seems to me that speedfan is somehow not correctly reading your CPU temps, but I also had serious problems with speedfan correctly reading the smbus in my foxconn netbox, just too many different chips on the market.

less than room temperature is just not possible without some kind of liquid cooling

the usual temps for atom&Ion systems when idling are, as andy stated above, around 30 to 40 degrees celsius for the CPU and 40 to 50 for the GPU (of course depending on case and airflow). when watching HD movies, just add around 10°C to that.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I second the notion that those cold temperatures are obviously inaccurate. It's not possible for it to get colder, it's a computer, not a refrigerator.
there must be something wrong with my sensors cause im getting weird reading from 2 different programs. Image
here some pics from the BIOS this should be trusworthy. Don't know why i got thoose strange readingsImage
The BIOS will be accurate. The other programs are good to go for other users. Apparently, they just don't support the Atom/chipset.
Is there overclocking software that will automatically overclock for me that you guys have used on these boards. I really don't want to play around in the bios changing voltage and FSB. I have no knowledge about that and i wouldn't want to mess anything up..I read that these overclock easy to 2.0ghz if you change the FSB..anyone with prior experience overclocking these boards that could help me out?
If you are gonna do it, put the FSB at 667MHz and don't touch the voltages. You will hit 2.0GHZ per core easy, the maximum it will do. This gives the CPU a 25% bump, but I feel its useless as you can't tell anything different in XBMC.

Now my overclocked single core ION Netbook overclocked to 2.2GHZ does make a difference, but that is because its only one core and OSX really likes just tha

poofyhairguy Wrote:If you are gonna do it, put the FSB at 667MHz and don't touch the voltages. You will hit 2.0GHZ per core easy, the maximum it will do. This gives the CPU a 25% bump, but I feel its useless as you can't tell anything different in XBMC.

Now my overclocked single core ION Netbook overclocked to 2.2GHZ does make a difference, but that is because its only one core and OSX really likes just tha

Oh ok i will do that hope i see a difference..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Build Complete Need What How To Optimize For XBMC0