Settings gui saving too often?
hi, i wrote a spin button control for cdg settings which has 255 elements. in order to scroll through these values easily, i also implemented scrolling with the right trigger. the problem: each time the value is changed by a iota, the message handler saves the new setting to disk, so i get infernal hdd scratching with each press. i changed it so it would only save the settings to file once, when exiting the karaoke settings screen but now it scratches in all the other settings screen. so my question: shouldn't all setting screens only save to disk and implement their changes when you exit them? do i have the green light to change this in all settings screens or am i missing something?
i think a slider control (like in the video osd) would be useful for controls with large numeric ranges. it would work perfectly in your case where your going from 0-255 for the cdg alpha values. it would also work for things like the screensaver and hard-drive timeouts
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings gui saving too often?0