acer revo: network won't come up
no route to my xbmc machine from other machines.

last night in the middle of watching a program, it just stalled. no response from remote, couldn't ssh in from outside.

today, rebooted, it refuses to connect. i guess i have to break out my keyboard and exit xbmc to see what's going on.

anyone else have flaky networking issues on an acer revo?

earlier in the week it did this a few times. i thought it was the smb client settings. i don't think it was.

this is driving me nuts.
okay, found another usb keyboard in my pile of junk.

/sbin/ifconfig says eth0 is up but that it only has an ipv6 IP. WTF??

maybe my lease ran out on the old IP, which was from my old router or something? i've been through several reboots on both routers and xbmc and i've been running off this new router for a few days now.

anyway, i guess i'll go search on disabling ipv6 and/or forcing it to use the ipv4 that my router thinks it is assigning (which i can see through its dhcp interface)

StareAngry
okay, i don't think it's the ipv6 stuff. sure, it has an ip (v6).

but i restarted networking and it complains about not getting DHCP offers from 192.168.1.1 which is where my router is. and indeed i can watch the router think it's giving it the IP i've assigned to that MAC address. (also tried just letting it take the first in the pool with no MAC association). neither work.

anyone have any ideas? ubuntu is kinda a mystery to me in networking as i use gentoo.

how can i use dhclient (or whatever it's called) to try to get an IP and see what's going on?

Huh
screw it. i gave it a static IP through /etc/network/interfaces and now it works great.

wtf? i'm convinced the crappy ubuntu DHCP scripts are to blame for this past weeks flaky-ness, but i'm too lazy to figure it out.

hope this helps someone else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
acer revo: network won't come up0