MKV files removes TrueHD and DTS Master audio?
I have been using MakeMKV all today (great program). After MakeMKV reads the discs, I am specially checking the boxes for TrueHD and DTS, but when I play the mkv file in XBMC, it doesn't play the sound in TrueHD and DTS-HD Master.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
HD Audio codecs are not currently natively supported in XBMC (unless you use the DSPlayer branch, though at this time it is very unstable) - what you will get from the file is playback of the 'core' DTS and DD soundtracks.
How is your audio connected? Using HDMI or Toslink?

If you're linked via HDMI, you'll get the DTS core of DTS-HD, and you'll get TrueHD decoded as uncompressed lpcm (because the AC3 core isn't kept for MKV).

If you're connected via Toslink, you'll get the DTS core of DTS-HD, and you'll get TrueHD decoded as 2 channel lpcm (because Toslink can't handle the bandwidth of uncompressed lpcm). The 2 channel will then probably be outputted by your AV Receiver as 5.1 Dolby Prologic or similar (fake 5.1!!).

Now, like steelman said, if you use the dsplayer build (configured to use ffdshow for audio), and have a ATI 5xxx graphics card, a Core i3 processor / Intel HD Graphics, or a Zonar sound card, and a AV Receiver that can handle TrueHD/DTS-HD bitstream, then it's a different story!! Nod
I am currently using HDMI from a ATI 5670 HD card to a A/V reciever that supports DTS-HD and True-HD.

Thanks for the information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV files removes TrueHD and DTS Master audio?0