xbmc spinning cpu, not working
Hi Folks,

I've been using xbmc for a while. All of a sudden it started spinning the CPU, i've tried upgrading, downgrading reverting video drivers, googling but am at a loss. Perhaps someone here can help me (my entire setup depends on xbmc).

XBMC is running at about 50% of the CPU (there are 2 cores) which causes it to not work properly. I have the log here:

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=RJyGQkbR

Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) build 7600. Built on Aug 6 2010 (SVN:32525, compiler 1500)
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E4700 @ 2.60GHz
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 30Hz
Running with administrator rights

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

dudehere
Use of 50% CPU indicates that your video drivers busywait on vsync. Check by disabling vsync for a start.

What does "not work properly" mean either way?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"not working" well means that the system is mostly unresponsive (or veeery slow, like moving across menu items, etc.) also video playback is affected (even for simple xvid encoded videos) by lots of skipping.
I tried turning vsync off (assuming setting vertical blank sync to disabled is how you do it) but saw no difference.
I can run if I lower the resolution to 720p, but at 1080i I have problems.
Turning on video acceleration (in 720p) seemed to lower considerably the cpu usage (~2%), at 1080i I still had issues though (even with dxva2)

I was running fine on 1080i until I activated the library (could have just been a coincidence.)

What seems to make a difference in 720p is to disable fullscreen window (and run in true full screen), that brings the cpu down (though doesn't make a difference in 1080i...)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

dudehere
Had a simular problem on my Nvidia Ion Netbook. Worked great when I tried on my desktop screen with hdmi in( But no sound over HDMI) But when i connected it to my new panasonic full hd plasma tv it started stuttering.....4-5 frames a second.

Tried everything...new drivers for mainboard, gfx,hdmi audio driver...all possible video settings in xbmc

Yesterday i finally found the problem.....sound over hdmi. If you set sound out device in xbmc to HDMI and sound to digital...It skipped frames like mad, but if i changed it to analog audio...still over HDMI it worked flawless...

Dont know why...must be a bug in the software.

This was on a Nvidia Ion LE based mini laptop with Intel atom cpu and 2 gig of ram..and no other digital sound out options then hdmi...so Im stuck with dolby pro logic sound.
hmm... that makes sense, I just switched to hdmi audio perhaps that is what is causing the problem...

i guess i can switch back to analog...

-dudehere

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc spinning cpu, not working0