playlist playing in order?
Hi all --

This is my first post, and I just started playing around with XBMC so far, but I like it a lot. It's definitely the best thing available for the Mac as a media center, especially for those of use with huge libraries on a NAS. (I may have another question later today on DLNA with XBMC, we'll see.)

Now, I've checked the wiki and searched the forums, but I can't seem to find an answer to this. (Admittedly it's sort of a vague question...) It doesn't seem like playlists play in order. It looks like the default for Now Playing is alphabetical, and I can switch it to date (date of the file or the date in the ID3?) or filename. I can't get a playlist to play in playlist order. Any thoughts?

Thanks very much!
Micah
When you click on a playlist it is listed as a folder, just change the sort order to "Playlist" (this should be the default order anyway)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:When you click on a playlist it is listed as a folder, just change the sort order to "Playlist" (this should be the default order anyway)

Hmm...the only options it gives me are file, name, size and date.

Thanks --
Micah
Sounds like you're not viewing a playlist in that case.

Specify _exactly_ what you are doing to view this playlist.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok:

1. click on Music
2. ...then my DLNA server
3. I configured 3 options visible on my server: Audio, Video, Playlists
4. click on Playlists
5. ...then I choose a playlist
6. options on the left are View (full list, list, media info, thumbnail, cover flow), Sort by (file, date, size, name). Library Mode is also an option, but it's greyed out (though it appears checked). Last are the play controls.

I don't think I can provide more detail than that, unless there's an option in the skin settings or something that I am missing (I'm using PM3.HD).

Thanks for your help --
Micah
Ah - so it's UPnP content. That probably doesn't have the sort option, as it's not a "playlist" as far as XBMC is concerned Smile

One presumes we have the order information supplied by the server, so we could probably add a "None" sort order in that instance.

I suggest you add a feature request ticket on trac, and include all the details here (as well as a link to here). Put elupus and myself on the cc list.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ah, OK, sorry about that -- I thought I put that in my initial post.

I'll open an issue as you said. Thanks for your help. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Smile

Micah

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playlist playing in order?0