How get Russian in Dharma
Hi,
i choose "cyrillic" in character set however i can't see any russian (cyrillic) letters. What should i do?
The default font doesn't support cyrillic letters. You need to pop in a font that has support for this in place of the default one. Have a search on trac - there may be a couple of fonts attached to some tickets that will do the trick.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

As i see all dharma and skin fonts support cyrillic letters
But i get spaces instead of letters in xbmc
In that case they'll display just fine.

What isn't displaying? Give examples using the Confluence skin (and Russian language obviously!)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks it works just fine in confluence, but in aeon it still sucks, however i had deleted aeon's fonts folder so it uses default dharma font and it WORKS, but it looks ugly... Native aeons look better. Maybe, there is a way to transform them? And the picture above is font from aeon folder which shows cyrillic letters too, so i can't understand why it doesn't work?
Aeon uses a lot of fonts and I think you'll find a lot wont work for foreign languages.
I got it for Aeon!
You'll need aeon_main_cy from skin's fonts directory. I did the following for Aeon Legacy Dark
1. Empty /xbmc/media/fonts
2. Copy aeon_main_cy from ./addons/skin.legacydark/fonts to ./media/fonts and rename it to Arial.ttf
3. Delete ./addons/skin.legacydark/fonts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How get Russian in Dharma0