XBMC power on and off commands for Logitech Harmony 880
My Acer Aspire Revo + Harmony 880 setup is nearly perfect. Nearly.

There are still some annoying things I can't figure out but the worst is the fact that the power toggles don't do anything. I am using the Microsoft DVD Kit IR receiver and no matter how I program the power switch, nothing happens. It accepts all the other commands just fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?
What I had to do was gather the information my harmony 720 remote sends when I prsess the Pwr Toggle soft button programmed on my remote and then make an entry in my keymap.xml like this:

Code:
<universalremote>
  <obc42>XBMC.ShutDown()</obc42>
</universalremote>

I had to get this code using an original xbox with the proper option turned on in advancesettings.xml as the option described how to do it in the shell (can't find the link) did not work for me.

Also you need to make sure in xbmc that the system is set to suspend when powering off and not all the way down as your restart method is just basically waking it back up. This is done in the setting in the GUI interface.

The you need to make the changes for wake on usb as described here:

Enable Wake-On-Device

I personally haven't been able to do this as from my research it seems my system does not support wake -on usb as nothing shows up for USBx when entering lspci. Hopefully you have better luck.

The last thing you'll probably need to do is create the script described here which will stop lirc when the system goes into suspend and restart it when it comes back up. A lot of people (including myself) have an issue where the remote won't work when the system resumes if this script is not used because lirc creates another slot (ex lirc0 ---> lirc1) which is not recognized by XBMC and the system must be restarted.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32785&page=13
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I was able to create a custom button (Eject) which I mapped to XBMC.ShutDown

I have shutdown in my settings set for suspend. I am able to successfully get it to suspend but it won't resume. My issue is, I don't know what button it is expecting for a wake up. In the ideal situation, my Harmony 880's power toggle button would be sufficient to suspend and resume but for some reason when I try to find the code for the main power button, it shares it with some other button so there's a conflict.

In my Harmony software, I set Eject as my single power toggle button. This works great for suspending but I can't resume. Again, I don't know what button the XBMC is waiting for to resume.

I have setup the ACPI states and all that for USB0 so I think I am good there.
Hmmm I'm not really sure. I know that it's supposed to wake with any IR signal it receives so ... Like I said unfortunately I don't think my little eee 901 supports wake on usb so I haven't gotten it working.

Good luck though. Hopefully someone else has some suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC power on and off commands for Logitech Harmony 8800