Music thumbnails, why are they being crap!??
Hello fellow XBMC'ers. I hope someone out there can help me as this is a problem I have had for years, but not been to obothered about fixing, until now.

I've just upgraded to a nightly Dharma release with Aeon65. Please note that my problem is the same with any release of XBMC and with using any skin.

My music library is very well organised and is comprised of FLAC and MP3 files. I use MediaMonkey as my desktop player and organiser, and all files have album covers saved as embedded tags. Most of the album covers are saved in relatively high quality as well (500x500+ for most, but some are lower).

My problem is this: When I scan the library into XBMC, first of all, a lot of the the thumbnails don't show up in the general album overview. Most of them actually. When I go to the album information tab, the info on the album comes up, most of the time with a thumb (but not always). If a thumb does show up, it is of terrible quality. Can this be remedied somehow? I want original quality thumbnails, and I want them all to show because they ARE there. Please help.
OK, after a lot of messing around today, I got it working by creating folder.jpg files for every album. When a fresh scan is made to the library, all the thumbs are displayed. This shouldn't have to be done tho, as according to what I have read XBMC is supposed to lead embedded art BEFORE folder.jpg files. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Supply a file which has the embedded thumb that isn't showing up.

EDIT: Normally this is a problem with the files having tags that you don't know about.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music thumbnails, why are they being crap!??0