DVD rips with MakeMKV audio sync
I am running all my bluray rips flawlessly that I have got via PTP, however any time I rip a movie with MakeMKV it plays fine for about a minute and then the audio gets out of sync. I don't hve this issue with anything else I throw at XBMC, I'm sure it's not a hardware issue, ideas?
Are you running the latest version of MakeMKV?
Yes, when I open the program it won't allow me to use it without downloading the latest version, however a lot of my rips wee done about 6 months ago with whatever was the latest version at the time.
Have you tried reripping them just to see?
I haven't, is there a known issue with MakeMKV and xbmc?
Darby Wrote:I am running all my bluray rips flawlessly that I have got via PTP, however any time I rip a movie with MakeMKV it plays fine for about a minute and then the audio gets out of sync. I don't hve this issue with anything else I throw at XBMC, I'm sure it's not a hardware issue, ideas?

Sorry, crystal ball is broke and xbmc.log might hold some clues.
Ok I tried re-ripping with the same results, newest version of MakeMKV
To be honest you might want to check the makemkv forums out and maybe ask a question there.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/
Could also use Handbrake and re-compress with x264 at the same time. I have no issue with lip sync with Handbrake.

I would suggest trying your mkv's in VLC. If VLC loses sync or not you'll narrow down where the problem is. I've come across a few DVDs that seemed to rip ok, but after processing with Handbrake lost audio part way through. I came to the conclusion it was the ripping program and found another way to rip it. Could be that makemkv is having a problem with your DVD.
There is no audio sync loss when played in mpc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD rips with MakeMKV audio sync0