XBMC Buffer inadequate or HW issue?
I'm running XBMC Camelot on Ubuntu 9.10. HW is OOTB ASROCK 330 HT configuration. Network is Gigabit/CAT6.

I've ripped several of my blu-rays to MKVs (20-30GB rips), and the movies play fine until say around 1-1.5 hours, and then buffering kicks in, and the movie keeps gettting interrupted by the buffer display. If I pause, then wait 20 minutes, I can press play and watch the end of the movie without being interrupted. This problem doesn't happen with other lower-bandwidth formats (AVI,etc).

Some questions:

-- Is this a case where my "little engine that could" just doesn't have enough horsepower after a while? If so, if I sacrificed the small footprint and built a beefier box, more RAM, faster CPU/GPU, would this solve the problem? Any recommendations on this front?

--Are there SW settings in XBMC that could address this issue? I seemed to recall buffering settings in older versions of XBMC?

Thx!
Please read stickies on how to post in a useful manner... or you can look in my signature since the link is there too.

Hint: Debug Log.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ok will take a look at the debug log. I guess this issue didn't seem like a bug to me at first, but more WAD that might be addressed through SW/HW configuration.
Depends on your configuration. Since you are using ubuntu, vdpau should handle it fine.

Also, if it is playing for some time and then the issue happens, it is probably a bug.

Have you tried a newer release yet? Such as Dharma nightlies?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
[quote=reynolea]-- Is this a case where my "little engine that could" just doesn't have enough horsepower after a while? If so, if I sacrificed the small footprint and built a beefier box, more RAM, faster CPU/GPU, would this solve the problem? Any recommendations on this front?[quote]

I can't answer your problem but you dont need to sacrifice the small footprint. My little Revo hasn't chocked on anything ive thrown at it yet! Simultaneous Par/Unrar/Http/Copy/Move whilst playing my 1080 BRRips.

An easy way to "debug" whats wrong would be to fire up one of the newer livecd's built for ions and see!
Playing with XBMC on all platforms :)
it appears that the xbox live installers do not incorporate the latest builds
reynolea Wrote:it appears that the xbox live installers do not incorporate the latest builds

Ahh, xbox is over here -> http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/
ok, so my newbie mistake, in my last post replace 'xbox' with 'xbmc'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Buffer inadequate or HW issue?0