Recommendations for Acer Revo OS?
I am having trouble trying to work out what to install on my Acer Revo in the way of operating system for XBMC.

Obviously it is going to be Linux as I have had the Windows version and it has too many issues and I'm sick of waiting for the Library to update before I can watch anything.

So, Ubuntu 10.04? With XBMC Repo? I have heard this is the way to go, but I also want to install Google Chrome for Linux on my Revo for web browsing and SabNZBd & Sick Beard and Couch Potato of course! Smile

What sort of steps do I need to follow in order to get this working. Please bare in mind I am a 'Windows Baby' and have never ventured into the world of Linux, but my Revo I think, deserves it.

Any 'idiot proof' walkthru's available perhaps?

Also, how do I use the latest nightlies on Linux? Are these automatically updated using the Repo? I have noticed the only options for Nightly's is OSX, Live and Windows.
Given up. Linux and me do NOT get on. Ubuntu is too far out there for me.

Windows seems like it's the only thing I can get working with XBMC. Linux wont use the LAN correctly on my Revo.
A little while back I tried installing Ubuntu 9.something on my Revo 3600 and everything worked. However I recall a couple of points where someone unused to Linux might be left scrratching their heads. The Win7 install is certainly easier if your only experience is with Windows. I'd be surprised if there was a big difference in usability between Windows and Ubuntu.

JR
Would XBMC Live work for you?

I have a Revo 3610, and installing Live to the hard disk gave me a Ubuntu setup that just worked without needing to fiddle around (though I'm not using WLAN as the Revo sits 3 feet from the router!)

Not sure how easy it is to add browsers etc to Live, but there's probably a thread on that somewhere Wink
I consider myself a complete beginner when it comes to linux. I picked up a Revo and started using the XBMCFreak LiveCD, there is a thread in the xbmc for linux subforum. I have put all the steps to get sabnzbd, sickbeard and couchpotato running on there.

If I could do it you can too!
Playing with XBMC on all platforms :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommendations for Acer Revo OS?0