Nightly r32544 Music Thumbnail Issue
Nightly r32544 does not seem to recognize alternate music thumbnails. I've added the following to advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<musicthumbs>
<remove>folder.jpg|cover.jpg</remove>
<add>cover_big.jpg</add>
</musicthumbs>
</advancedsettings>

However, cover.jpg images (which I also have in the music folders) are still being displayed and not the cover_big.jpg images. The log indicates advancedsettings.xml is loading okay:

17:39:55 T:2689079072 M:1055510528 NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
17:39:55 T:2689079072 M:1055510528 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<musicthumbs>
<remove>folder.jpg|cover.jpg</remove>
<add>cover_big.jpg</add>
</musicthumbs>
</advancedsettings>
Are you sure it's not just displaying the previously cached versions?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Are you sure it's not just displaying the previously cached versions?

I tried deleting MyMusic7.db and letting it rebuild from scratch, but maybe I need to delete the Thumbnails/Music folder, as well. I hadn't thought of that.
Yes, you'll need to remove the thumbs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Yes, you'll need to remove the thumbs.

Okay, that worked, but now something weird. In non-Library mode, my big cover pics now show up when I browse to an album's folder, but in Library mode, the pic displayed for each and every album is now the generic XBMC folder image. I'm pretty sure previously, the smallish cover.jpg images showed up in both modes.
Here's what I'm seeing. Frist, I enable Library mode, and then I click Artists. I select an Artist and press the Enter key to display that artist's albums. If I select an Album, the generic XBMC album image is shown.

If I press C to invoke the contextual menu and then select Album information, my high rez cover image (cover_big.jpg) appears on the Album information popup window. If I dismiss the Album information popup window, the generic album image is still associated with the album.

If I re-invoke the Abum information popup window, but this time select Get thumb, I am presented with three choices: Current thumb, Local thumb and Browse.... If I select Local thumb and then press Enter and then dismess the Album information popup window, now my high rez cover image is assoicated with the selected album.

Is there some way I can instruct XBMC to globally associate Local thumbs with all albums rather than manually associating them with each album? I may not live long enough to do it manually. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly r32544 Music Thumbnail Issue0