MySQl & xbmc-r32584-Dharma
I'm setting up my first install of XBMC.

I want a centralised MySQL DB so I have set one up on my NAS

The DB and UserIDs are configured properly (I think)

I couldn't find any reference to advancedsettings.xml in the clean xbmc install so I created one and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata

Here is the content of my advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
- <advancedsettings>
- <videodatabase>
  <type>mysql</type>
  <host>192.168.0.190</host>
  <port>3306</port>
  <user>xbmc</user>
  <pass>xbmc</pass>
  <name>xbmc_video</name>
  </videodatabase>
- <musicdatabase>
  <type>mysql</type>
  <host>192.168.0.190</host>
  <port>3306</port>
  <user>xbmc</user>
  <pass>xbmc</pass>
  <name>xbmc_music</name>
  </musicdatabase>
  </advancedsettings>

I selected the sources and xbmc went away and scraped fine. I checked the MySQL database and there are no tables created and no data so I can only assume it's created a local DB.

A couple of questions:

1) Should advancedsettings.xml have been part of the build or is it normal to create one yourself the first time you need it ?
2) Have I put it in the right area ?
3) Where can I find the debug logfile ? I have turned debugging on (I see the mem and cpu status when I run xbmc) but I can't find a log file.
4) Is there something I am missing or does the latest build nt support a centralised MySQL.

I made sure the language set on the DB was Latin1.

Any pointers from anyone ?
1. No. AdvancedSettings is only edited by user, xbmc never touches it. For a reason!
2. It should go in the AppData\Roaming\XBMC folder or if your in portable mode under portable_data.
3. Debug file will be XBMC.log at C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
4. It will work.
Cheers Sam, beat me too it. While digging around I found the *other* userdata folder in the AppData. Confusing to say the least.

All working now. Just trying to import from the local DB export I did when I found everything.

Is there a reason there are 2 userdata folders ? I can't think I'm the only one that gotten confused by that setup.
Umm not sure why there's two folders, because if you go into portable mode it creates a third folder in a different directory. I do think anything placed in the Program Files directory takes precedence over the user's custom data. For example making skins accessible to all users.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQl & xbmc-r32584-Dharma0