MCE remote programme not working
I downloaded the MCE programme from XBMC and have connected my remote to my Windows 7 PC. However, when I try to save the edits I make to the button presses it says it can't change the XML file and to log in as an administrator. The only thing is I am logged in as the administrator. Any ideas?

Also when I press start it keeps exiting XBMC and starting Windows Media Centre. How do I stop this?
silvine Wrote:I downloaded the MCE programme from XBMC and have connected my remote to my Windows 7 PC. However, when I try to save the edits I make to the button presses it says it can't change the XML file and to log in as an administrator. The only thing is I am logged in as the administrator. Any ideas?

Also when I press start it keeps exiting XBMC and starting Windows Media Centre. How do I stop this?

Did you rightclick on the xbmc.exe and then click run as administrator? If you do that, it should work.

You say you press start, is that a start button on your remote? If so, that startbutton is probably mapped to a shortcut to wmc and not xbmc.

Edit: This thread is very useful(mceremote addon releasethread): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=mceremote
silvine Wrote:I downloaded the MCE programme from XBMC and have connected my remote to my Windows 7 PC. However, when I try to save the edits I make to the button presses it says it can't change the XML file and to log in as an administrator. The only thing is I am logged in as the
administrator. Any ideas?

Disabling Windows UAC is the first step to be in control, if you done that already then try to do what joeranjensen suggested.

It wont harm if you look at this as well "Click me".

Cheers,
EG.
Thanks. Disabling uac did it. Still having problems disabling start button on remote and getting volume buttons to work. I am using the mce Program. I also want to map a button to take me straight the home screen. Will have a lOok at that thread.
silvine Wrote:Thanks. Disabling uac did it. Still having problems disabling start button on remote and getting volume buttons to work. I am using the mce Program. I also want to map a button to take me straight the home screen. Will have a lOok at that thread.

Assuming you are using the MCERemote add-on, by default the add-on does not change the green/start button. In the add-on select the option "Configure MCERemote settings" and change the setting for the "Windows" button. I usually set this to "ctrl-shift-w" (without the quotes) then I set ctrl-shift-w as the hotkey for the XBMC Start menu icon. That way pressing the green/start button starts XBMC.

Is there a button labelled "Clear" on your remote? That will take you to the home screen.

To work out what's happening with the volume buttons will probably require a debug log.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote programme not working0