Video Scrapers with TV Shows
I am having difficulties setting up avi file naming so the scrapers work for TV shows. I have setup a main directory named TV Shows and under this directory I place directories whose names are the names of the TV Series.

TV Shows > TV Series A > foo.SxxEyy.avi

While not in Library mode, I perform the setup for scraping and adding to the Library. I see the art work and series descriptions when scraping. When I switch to Library mode, the TV series are not appearing. So Library mode for videos I am having problems with for TV Series. Any others having problems with scraping in TV series mode ?

Linux Lucid, 64 bit, XBMC 64 bits, 9.11 - Skin Transparency
Interesting, I believe I may have solved this problem. The Tv Shows directory was not the top level added source directory. I was a directory under the added source Media. Also in the Media Directory I had a directory Movies. I was trying to scrape Movies and TV Shows under the same root added source Media.

added source Media > TV Shows > SeriesXX > File.sxxeyy/avi

added source Media > Movie > Movie Name [year] > filename

Once I removed Media as a source and then added TV Shows and Movies as two separate sources, all worked fine. TV Shows now scrape fine.

I guess that to use the scrapers one must created different added sources for TV Shows and Movies and not combine them in single added source. and start scraping at the top level!
not true. you can have a common media source. you just have to set the contents on the subdirs (movies, tvshows) instead of on the 'media' source in that case.
Spiff,

OK - Not saying that this is what should be from a clean install and setup - just stating what cured my problem. This was the only action I took to have library mode working.

Your comment makes sense - but after hours of trying that, using different scrapers services, I was not able to view media content in Library Mode. Possibly, removing the added source and recreating a source corrected a corrupted file. And if I re-added the media the same way as before the problem would have also been fixed.

Interesting, I had another problem with a script failing - while exiting library mode in video tab. The Script was RecentlyAdded.py. After removing the sources and re-adding them this problem also went away. I submitted a post in the python section, which included a log file that shown an index out of bound fault.

Note RecentlyAdded.py, for skin Transparency! is under skins/Transparency!/scripts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Scrapers with TV Shows0