metadata transferable? other newb questions.
Question 
Hey all, its been a while since I've posted anything here. I'm a long time user of xbmc (for xbox), and now I'm ready to ditch WMC for XBMC now that there is a Windows version (which I haven't really given a chance for some odd reason.)

I have a few questions on metadata, and banners and whatnot. I assume the fanart and banners are just jpg images in the folders, which is good. as I understand it, it scrapes the most popular images, if I find or create something I like more, will it be replaced the next time it "scrapes?"

As for the metadata... is the tv show and movie info stored in an xbmc database, file, or tagged in the video file itself? I ask because I tend to format a lot. I keep all my media on quad 1tb drives. If XBMC can read the info from a file or tag, it would make recreating my library much easier because I have no internet access at my house. I have to take my desktop to a friends house just to download all of this stuff, I would like to only have to do this once.

Also, do I have to scrape videos to add them to the library? I will be getting XBMC this week, hopefully it will stop me from asking stupid questions when I get to play around with it myself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

p. s. I'm sure this info can be found by searching or checking out the wiki, but as I said I have no internet access. I'm sending this post from my phone with no data plan, so hopefully I can be excused this once Smile
Download Ember Media Manager, put all your movies in their own folder for max goodness, scan through them once, EMM will save .nfo files, and also thumbnails and fanarts... Then your XBMC machine won't need the net, it will scrape from the nfo's...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
metadata transferable? other newb questions.0