Question re: Troubleshooting IR Remote
Question 
I use a Logitech Harmony IR remote with my Revo 3610 Win 7 HTPC. I recently rebuilt my primary machine which I used to configure my Logitech remote and am having trouble locating an app that I used previously to determine which keypresses were being sent from the IR remote I used to setup the Logitech (this is the remote I got for the USB IR receiver).

It was a very simple application and would simply intercept the IR commands being passed to it and display them on the screen. This was very helpful in mapping the buttons from the original remote into buttons onto my Logitech Harmony...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
LM Remote? http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=513...stcount=91
Event Ghost - I don't think works with that remote since Event Ghost looks for event and not key presses.
Autohotkey - I use this one for that remote since it sends out key presses.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Thanks for the reply... how do you use AutoHotKey?

I use AHK to convert the remote button commands into commands for XBMC. For instance - one of the buttons on the remote I purchased sends CTRL+I (or something - this is off the top of my head) - I use AHK to trap that and open up XBMC.

The problem I'm having is that I need to figure out what the key combinations are that the eBay remote is sending (because they're not standard... it seems like the remote and receiver are proprietary in some way...) Based on suggestions on the Logitech forums, I initially tried setting the remote up as Media Center Keyboard - but I could never get the receiver to accept any of the commands unless I trained the Logitech with the original remote.

Am I missing something?
I think the main reason I used autohotkey was for the I button on that remote. It would act as a right mouse click. But I wanted it to act as the "i" key.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Scan Man Wrote:I use a Logitech Harmony IR remote with my Revo 3610 Win 7 HTPC. I recently rebuilt my primary machine which I used to configure my Logitech remote and am having trouble locating an app that I used previously to determine which keypresses were being sent from the IR remote I used to setup the Logitech (this is the remote I got for the USB IR receiver).

It was a very simple application and would simply intercept the IR commands being passed to it and display them on the screen. This was very helpful in mapping the buttons from the original remote into buttons onto my Logitech Harmony...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

That remote is a VRC-1100. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC and http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...s#VRC-1100. If you grab mceremote.zip from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ it includes a keyboard.xml that will make all the buttons on the remote do something, if not necessarily something useful.

NB this only works with the Dharma beta as v9.11 doesn't support MCE remotes out of the box.

JR
NICE!

That zip file includes an app called "ShowKey" which is what I had been looking for! Perfect!

I didn't have too many problems using that generic remote inside of XBMC, even on 9.11. What I had trouble with was getting my Harmony 900 to work with XBMC through the USB receiver that came with that remote... if that makes any sense. Ultimately - I had to "train" the harmony using the original remote. I used the "ShowKey" app so I knew which keys the original remote was sending from the funciton keys (which did things like open the internet) to I could trap those in AHK and do something else with them.

Thanks for the help!
Hi, I have your remote and the Logitech Harmony One.
Configure the remote on logitech database with "MCE REMOTE" first "Ortek" for supplier and "VRC-1100" for model.
all keys are mapped, and you must not work. Smile

listen to the advice of jhsrennie for the version of XBMC, the remote, work on XBMC only with Dharma version.Huh

Ah... I have Revo 3610 with win7 too. Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question re: Troubleshooting IR Remote0