Karmic to Lucid upgrade - XBMC issues..need help
I have couple of issues I'm trying to sort out after upgrading my system. I was running Jaunty minimal install and did the following to bring my system up to Karmic with no issues whatsoever:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo reboot

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Then I edited my /etc/apt/sources.list file and replaced all instances of "jaunty" with "karmic" and saved the file.

Then ran the following code again:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo reboot

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Upon completion, I ran the following to verify I was running Karmic:

Code:
lsb_release -a

During the distrubition upgrade process I chose to keep my existing Grub config file and all other existing config file when prompted.

After rebooting XBMC was functioning 100% as it had been before on Jaunty.

I repeated the above process to upgrade from Karmic to Lucid and now have the following issues I am trying to resolve:

1.)Lirc is no longer working - this was updated during the Lucid upgrade. However, my lircd.conf file and hardware.conf files are still present in
/etc/lirc/, so I'm sure what is wrong here

2.)Video did not work upon reboot. I fixed this by purging the installed nvidia driver and re-installing the latest version of the driver from NVida site (235.44 I believe).

3.)ALSA - I am unable to access alsamixer by typing it at the terminal. I get a message "no such file or directory found" I removed and re-installed alsa using "sudo apt-get install alsa", but still get the same message when trying to launch the alsamixer. PulseAudio is NOT installed.

4.)XBMC does not launch automatically anymore. When I type "initid xbmc", XBMC comes up, but I am unable to use a keyboard or mouse to navigate. (obviously the remote doesn't work because of the Lirc issue). Any ideas on this one.

Any assistance sorting out any of these issues is extremely appreciated. It appears there are some big changes from Karmic to Lucid. Thanks.

-hogfan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karmic to Lucid upgrade - XBMC issues..need help0