[WINDOWS] Ortek VRC-1100 remote on XBMC
Hi, I bought a Ortek VCR-1100 remote MCE compatible for my REVO 3610 with XBMC.
The remote work fine, but I wont map any buttons green, red, ...) in XBMC.
I read this page http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...ol_Reviews and I try to write the relative code in keyboard.xml, but the buttons not work.

I insert this:
<t mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, Yellow, 3)</t> <!-- Yellow button -->
<m mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, Blue, 3)</m> <!-- Blue button -->
<i mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, Green, 3)</i> <!-- Green button -->
<e mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, Red, 3)</e> <!-- Red button -->
<o mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, u/Yellow, 3)</o> <!-- Button under Yellow -->
<g mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, u/Blue, 3)</g> <!-- Button under Blue -->
<t mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, u/Green, 3)</t> <!-- Button under Green -->
<m mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, u/Red, 3)</m> <!-- Button under Red -->

but when push button nothing happen.

Anyone help me?
thanks

edit: I try to use Eventghost e intelliremote, but no one button is trapped.
Grab mceremote.zip from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/. In the zip is a keyboard.xml that configures most of the buttons. You just need to copy the keyboard.xml from the zip to %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps.

If you have installed Eventghost, and especially if you enabled the option to disable the HID device, this may be interfering.

Note that this will only work with the Dharma beta as v9.11 of XBMC does not support keyboard modifiers like ctrl, shift etc.

JR
Thanks for reply
Now I undestand the metod, but I have another problem.
The remote, send (for yellow button) the key Ctrl+Shift+t. If I configure this in keyboard.xml with this code:
<t mod="Ctrl,Shift">Info</t>
XBMC not recognize the comand.
If I press on the keyboard Ctrl+Shift+t nothing happen, if I press t the dispplay show info.

Another software (Firefox) recognize the button yellow (open recent) and open a new sheet if I press yellow button on remote.

XBMC, not recognize Ctrl and Shift keys?
help me
and excuse me for my english Smile
What version of XBMC are you using?

JR
now i read with attention your reply and I try to use mcremote.
I try with the official 9.11 ant today download Dharma to your link, but nothing.
The Dharma version have shadow on main screen and other bad detail graphics. why?
I use win7

Edit: NOW WORK !!! Smile Smile Smile
but only if modified keybord.xml in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\Keymaps\ and not work with keyboard.xml in C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\Keymaps\ and only with Dharma version.
Now it's all simple, all button works.
Thanks for your help
mceremote is not optimized to stable release. There you should use the old versions from JR.

What do you mean with shadow on main screen? Dharma uses standard confluence theme, so there should be no difference?
http://www.yodo.dk/ is my small site were I write guides and news in danish about XBMC and HTPC
The menu in left of main screen, have a black trasparent pannel from the top on the middle of active voice. It's a bad view, I wil remove this?

I try this in a test installation, if I want install Dharma version on my HTPC, the new installation, overwrite the settings and the video database?
Where is the folder with the database? if I copy this folder and replace in the new install, my video database is saved?
It's possible to export database for update in another install of live version?
byxil Wrote:Edit: NOW WORK !!! Smile Smile Smile
but only if modified keybord.xml in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\Keymaps\ and not work with keyboard.xml in C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\Keymaps\ and only with Dharma version.

Unless you are running XBMC in portable mode the modified keyboard.xml should be in %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps. %appdata% is an environment variable that contains the name of a folder. To open it click Start then Run, or press Windows-R, then type %appdata% and click OK.

If you are using portable mode the keyboard.xml should be in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\userdata\keymaps".

It is good practice not to modify system/keymaps/keyboard.xml because your changes will be overwritten every time you reinstall XBMC. Any key definitions in the %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps will add to or override definitions in the system keymap.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Ortek VRC-1100 remote on XBMC0