unable to open XBMC
I recently decided to take my old G4 and turn it into a media center. It's currently running tiger, which I assume is compatible. I downloaded the program and mounted it and when I try to open it I get this error.

you cannot open the application xbmc because it may be damaged or incomplete

Anyone know how to fix this?
gm199108 Wrote:I recently decided to take my old G4 and turn it into a media center. It's currently running tiger, which I assume is compatible. I downloaded the program and mounted it and when I try to open it I get this error.

you cannot open the application xbmc because it may be damaged or incomplete

Anyone know how to fix this?

It might help to know what you downloaded Smile There are separate downloads for i386 and ppc for XBMC for Mac. Sounds like you grabbed the wrong one.
ha that would make sense. any idea where I can find the ppc one? I didn't realize there were different versions all I saw was one link to a mac version.
never mind, found it. Thanks
Now I've run into a new problem. I don't get the error message anymore, but when I try to open it nothing happens. Would that still be a problem with the version I downloaded? I tried a bunch of different downloads and they all have one of the two problems.
gm199108 Wrote:Now I've run into a new problem. I don't get the error message anymore, but when I try to open it nothing happens. Would that still be a problem with the version I downloaded? I tried a bunch of different downloads and they all have one of the two problems.

You are still not giving me any hard details to go on. Since I'm not sitting beside you, I can't see what you are doing and thus can't help much. Thrashing about trying random downloads is not going to help. Work the problem.
Ok. I downloaded the xbmc 9.11-ppc-repack.dmg version. It seems to work fine until I tried to open it and nothing happened. I went into my library and found a crash report (xbmc.crash.log)

Host Name: gm199108s-power-mac-g4
Date/Time: 1969-12-31 16:55:37.705 -0800
OS Version: 10.4 (Build 8A428)
Report Version: 3

Command: XBMC
Path: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC
Parent: WindowServer [70]

Version: 9.11.rc1 (SVN-25756M)

PID: 283
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
Referenced from: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC
Reason: image not found
gm199108 Wrote:Ok. I downloaded the xbmc 9.11-ppc-repack.dmg version. It seems to work fine until I tried to open it and nothing happened. I went into my library and found a crash report (xbmc.crash.log)

Host Name: gm199108s-power-mac-g4
Date/Time: 1969-12-31 16:55:37.705 -0800
OS Version: 10.4 (Build 8A428)
Report Version: 3

Command: XBMC
Path: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC
Parent: WindowServer [70]

Version: 9.11.rc1 (SVN-25756M)

PID: 283
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
Referenced from: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC
Reason: image not found

10.4 is too old, you need to update to 10.4.11 or whatever is the last version of 10.4.x.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unable to open XBMC0