[Live] Zotac Mag USB Install
I'm having trouble installing onto a USB key.

I have been able to load the iso onto a key with netbootin and the key boots and runs XBMC fine.

I'd like to use this key to install XBMC onto a second key. The problem I'm having is the second key is not showing up for partitioning during the Ubuntu install. Only the first key shows up and the internal hard drive shows up.

If I boot to XBMC and start a console session (ctrl+alt+fx) the second key can be mounted.

This is my first XBMC install. I have been working with the XBMCfreak 10.08 version.

Thanks for any insight.
just curious .. why install to another key and not the internal drive ??
I'd like to use the internal drive for media only. That way I don't have to worry about loosing it during frequent updates, upgrades, app installs (I want to try Couch Potatoe), noob screw ups... I also like the idea of all the smarts being on a key. I can have a backup key. I can play in a test environment on a key and keep a golden key for daily use. I can set a box up for my Dad and swap a backup key in if/when it gets hosed.

My reason for installing to a second key is basically to skip that boot selection menu and boot directly to xbmc. Maybe I should just be editing a config file somewhere to accomplish that.

I'm still curious why I can't install to another key though. I'm thinking hardware/bios setting issue regarding bootable drives.

(Potato spelled with an 'e' as a salute to Dan Quayle.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Zotac Mag USB Install0