a hardware question please..
will I be able to run the XBMC in HD 1080 with this machine?

ASUS Eee Box EB1006-W-111-5002 Intel Atom N270(1.60GHz) 1GB DDR2 160GB ATI Radeon HD 4530 Windows XP Home

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6883220013

I would like to get one of these machine just to run the XBMC.
Thank you!
According to this link, it supports GPU acceleration. So you should be good. Just see if you can give a little bit of more RAM to the GPU by going into the BIOS...assuming that option is allowed.
rajsharma714 Wrote:According to this link, it supports GPU acceleration. So you should be good. Just see if you can give a little bit of more RAM to the GPU by going into the BIOS...assuming that option is allowed.
thank you!
coosmac Wrote:thank you!

Just keep in mind that the current stable release doesn't support DxVA. So you'll have to get the nightly build located here.

Just remember to:

1) Get the latest build.

2) Turn on DxVA support by going into System > Video > Playback (I think) and turning on DxVA support. And then the you will start getting GPU acceleration. You see if it's working for sure, you can always hit the letter "O" on your keyboard and it will display the load results of your CPU, GPU, etc.
rajsharma714 Wrote:Just keep in mind that the current stable release doesn't support DxVA. So you'll have to get the nightly build located here.

Just remember to:

1) Get the latest build.

2) Turn on DxVA support by going into System > Video > Playback (I think) and turning on DxVA support. And then the you will start getting GPU acceleration. You see if it's working for sure, you can always hit the letter "O" on your keyboard and it will display the load results of your CPU, GPU, etc.

He's running Windows XP, which only supports DXVA, so he can't use the nightly build for video acceleration. He needs Vista or Windows 7, which supports DXVA2. The hardware is capable of DXVA2, though.
He can also use the DSPlayer branch.
hsinchu308 Wrote:He's running Windows XP, which only supports DXVA, so he can't use the nightly build for video acceleration. He needs Vista or Windows 7, which supports DXVA2. The hardware is capable of DXVA2, though.

My bad. I didn't see he was running XP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a hardware question please..0